ROM Hack [Release - Alpha?] CgfxViewer or something.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could I get this thread moved to the Utilities subforum? Not sure how it ended up in Flashcards/Firmwares. :huh:
Done! Quick explanation: the "Flashcard/Firmwares" forum is the old "Hacking and stuff" which had pretty much everything in it. We're still scouring the section looking for threads to move, but the quickest way to get it moved is to report a thread like you did.

Thanks!

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask for the source? I've only recently started with Unity and I'm still not savvy enough to figure out how to implement the Unity components by myself.

planetarian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoops. Missed your post from before, sorry.
Project isn't dead; win10 beta has been giving me problems with oculus and unity and whatnot so my attention has been elsewhere.

I'll probably end up back on 8.1 soon enough since my OneDrive stopped working a few days ago. =x

Reactions: I pwned U!

Isaynayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you get everything working. your work is great. oh and can you please check you PMs i sent you one :)

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the model exporting feature planned for the next release? That's what I want the most, as there are 3DS games with models that can't be opened with EFE or anything that isn't this utility.

planetarian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say there will be progress right away, as things here have been pretty busy on multiple fronts. For now, I'm back on win8.1 and just got my Unity environment set back up today, mostly thanks to the snow storm hitting us and work getting cancelled (so I actually had some free time for once).

Keep a watch on the thread and I'll be posting once I have some new stuff to show. =)

Grendor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked through several formats. I can confirm that the models from Bravely Default work with this as well. An export function would really be helpful...

planetarian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally getting back to this project.

First priority I'm tackling is getting bones all sorted out. Right now only basic transformations are really supported, and it bakes them in before presenting the model to the application. I need to fix that first thing, and that's going to be my focus for the next bit. Exporting will come later once I've studied up on the formats involved.

planetarian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested 6 games with EFE and they all failed tested the same six with this tool and they all support perfectly! cant wait for a update planetarian :)

I highly recommend letting Gericom know and sending him the failed models if you haven't already.

Grendor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blast, I was hoping export would be more of a priority, as with an OBJ export, bones and such wouldn't matter as it's just a geometry and texture dump at most. Either way, I look forward to new developments!

Isaynayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have told him about them also sent him samples LONG ago and they are still not supported. i cant wait to see your great work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv