• Poll closed .

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Of course, it'd be best for the name itself.

Also, a problem since the first version I'm only now reporting. If you hold the powerbutton to force the system to shutoff while in 3DSident, the system will reboot, then trigger a fatal error. Luma's errdisplay displays something on the top screen.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, it'd be best for the name itself.

Also, a problem since the first version I'm only now reporting. If you hold the powerbutton to force the system to shutoff while in 3DSident, the system will reboot, then trigger a fatal error. Luma's errdisplay displays something on the top screen.

Lol well why would you want to use the power button when you can literally press any other button to exit the app (apart from the home button, which I still need to fix).

By the I'll go with what @Lilligant said, better to have both rather than just one.

Darkestnoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

here is a screenshot from my N3DS XL:

iFRk05K.png

The "Battery percentage", "Battery voltage", "WiFi signal strength" and "Volume slider state" looks wrong.

3DSident 0.6.1 looks also wrong:
TZ2pC43.png

3fbeca15-cf93-4717-bd1a-246f54e52121

Last edited by Darkestnoir,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey,

here is a screenshot from my N3DS XL:

The "Battery percentage", "Battery voltage", "WiFi signal strength" and "Volume slider state" looks wrong.

3DSident 0.6.1 looks also wrong:
3fbeca15-cf93-4717-bd1a-246f54e52121

You must be using the 3dsx then... the battery and volume slider stuff only works in the cia version, because *hax doesn't have access to `mcu::HWC`.

@Joel16 I can't look at the sooscode now, but it looks like you aren't checking if you have successfully initialized some services.

EDIT: yup, you aren't checking if the functions are successful or not. You can't init `mcu::HWC` in *hax :P

Reactions: Joel16

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If I replace the upper screen by an IPS display, 3DSident shows me this then?

I have a feeling screen types are hardcoded somewhere when the 3DS is made, so I guess it won't change.

Edit: that may be the reason why GetVendor errors out, since *all* old3DS units (iirc even XL ones too, and prolly 2DS too) have TN-only screens, so it would be pointless to implement it.

Last edited by Sono,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must be using the 3dsx then... the battery and volume slider stuff only works in the cia version, because *hax doesn't have access to `mcu::HWC`.

@Joel16 I can't look at the sooscode now, but it looks like you aren't checking if you have successfully initialized some services.

EDIT: yup, you aren't checking if the functions are successful or not. You can't init `mcu::HWC` in *hax :P

Im aware the Mcu services don't have access when using homebrew launcher lol. I assumed most people would use .cia and so I didn't bother checking if the functions can be initialized successfully. I guess I should since people are getting weird results.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Why would it?
HBL's stability sucks & cannot display correct serial number.
CIA always imports invalid ticket.

If it has A9LH support, then I don't need to mess up ticket.db (or spend much more time to set up a new EmuNAND to not to mess up current ticket.db) for CIA, or messing with the f__king unstable HBL.

WARNING:

DO NOT SHARE YOUR 3DSident 0.7 SCREENSHOT!

022-2812 users may copy your Device ID for unbanning!

If they use your Device ID to do anything illegal, Nintendo will ban that Device ID which also bans your console!

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: Joel16

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBL's stability sucks & cannot display correct serial number.
CIA always imports invalid ticket.

If it has A9LH support, then I don't need to mess up ticket.db (or spend much more time to set up a new EmuNAND to not to mess up current ticket.db) for CIA, or messing with the f__king unstable HBL.

WARNING:

DO NOT SHARE YOUR 3DSident 0.7 SCREENSHOT!

022-2812 users may copy your Device ID for unbanning!

If they use your Device ID to do anything illegal, Nintendo will ban that Device ID which also bans your console!

Please fill me in. How does this mess up your ticket.db? And being open source, you could make your own A9LH version if you really cared to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.