Hacking [Release] 3DSFAT16tool - dump/inject the fat16 partition from nand dumps

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
padxorer nand.fat16.bin nand.fat16.xorpad > creates nand.fat16.bin.out

reverse

padxorer nand.fat16.bin.out nand.fat16.xorpad > creates nand.fat16.bin.out.out

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
padxorer nand.fat16.bin nand.fat16.xorpad > creates nand.fat16.bin.out

reverse

padxorer nand.fat16.bin.out nand.fat16.xorpad > creates nand.fat16.bin.out.out

Nice! Thx!
So this nand.fat16.bin.out.out is the reXOREd file. Just as I said, right.

Thx liomajor

EDIT: Oh no!
Now I get it... I just take my "un-XORed" file and "re-XOR" using the same syntax...
The program will take care of XORing it for me...

THx!

swarzesherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

I'll test it out...

So far I'm able to extract FAT16 NAND, un-XOR FAT16 NAND, modify FAt16 NAND (injecting old emuNAND based on 4.5 into new emUNAND based on 7.2), re-XOR the FAT16 NAND, inject FAT16 NAND into my new emuNAND 9.4 based on 7.2 and it works, but so far I could not use the injected data like mii, mii plaza data and streetpass tags).

So far I only injected extdata, I'll try gradually until it works or not :P

Cheers!

EDIT: I injected gradually everything (but the dbs files: certs.db, import.db, ticket.db, etc because when I inject them the NAND does not work anymore and all I get is black screen) until my mii and mii plaza started working again, BUT, when I use Classic Mode to load my Pokemon OR with a 7.2 save it still says the save is corrupted... I guess this brought me back to having a emuNAND based on 4.5 even if I injected the data in my emuNAND based on 7.2

What did I do wrong, I wonder? Will this ever be possible?

EDIT2: SUCCESS!!!
Digging a little under 3DBrew I found every piece of the NAND I needed to extract from my emuNAND 9.4 based on 4.5 and inject into my emuNAND 9.4 based on 7.2.
After 5 or 6 attempts I'm not with a fully funcional emuNAND 9.4 based on my sysNAND 7.2 that contains all of my old data including mii, mii plaza data, streetpass tags and stuff, while having my sysNAND on 4.5 so I could use the prefile exploit!

Thanks cearp and liomajor for all your help!

EDIT3:
A minor glitch... my friend list is frozen. When I try opening it it freezes my console.
I guess it's because I copied some parts of the old friend list, so something is still missing...

Let's continue testing :)

Reactions: hippy dave

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
cearp Awesome, with this I got my eShop games working on sysnand, will post a video soon, my internet is shitty right now, even I'am not able to reply to the other threads.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
No further progress so far...
What could cause the friend list to be freezing since I didn't format the memory, therefore my friend code didn't change?

Any ideas?

EDIT: SUCCESS! :) Now it is... so far, at least!

I skipped (unintentionally) the friend list applet save. After I have included it everything works
I must say though that the first time I loaded the friend list it took a tremendous amount of time to open. I thought it was frozen again and got pissed and frustrated and let the console alone... 15 minutes later (I don't know if it took that long though) I came back and my friend list was opened. YAAY! :D
I closed and opened it again and the second time it took the normal time to load up (some seconds).

I guess I'm done here! :)

EDIT2: Well! Not so fast, pretty boy!
Everything is working, BUT, (I hate when there's a BUT in a phrase) apparently the GW Classic Mode uses your sysNAND's keys to load a game... This means that even if my emuNAND is based on 7.X and can decrypt new saves, if my sysNAND is 4.5, the classic mode will not "see" the saves as valid.
Just tested returning my old emuNAND based on 4.5 with my sysNAND 7.2... guess what??! The save is freaking valid!!! That means you only need to have your sysNAND in 7.X level to load a cart with 7.X save... This is bullsh*t!
So sad!

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything is working, BUT, (I hate when there's a BUT in a phrase) apparently the GW Classic Mode uses your sysNAND's keys to load a game... This means that even if my emuNAND is based on 7.X and can decrypt new saves, if my sysNAND is 4.5, the classic mode will not "see" the saves as valid.
Just tested returning my old emuNAND based on 4.5 with my sysNAND 7.2... guess what??! The save is freaking valid!!! That means you only need to have your sysNAND in 7.X level to load a cart with 7.X save... This is bullsh*t!
So sad!

Perhaps we could use extract the fat16 from a 7.x+ SysNAND and make a frankenstein SysNAND that allows the DS Profile Mode Exploit to be launched on higher firmwares, using some parts from the 4.x fat16?

cearp Since you seem to know a lot about 3DS development and hacking, would this be possible? Copying over bits from a 4.x SysNAND's fat16 to a higher firmware version SysNAND's fat16, in order to make the Gateway exploit bootable? Or would there be some sort of mismatched signatures or other problems?

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Perhaps we could use extract the fat16 from a 7.x+ SysNAND and make a frankenstein SysNAND that allows the DS Profile Mode Exploit to be launched on higher firmwares, using some parts from the 4.x fat16?

cearp Since you seem to know a lot about 3DS development and hacking, would this be possible? Copying over bits from a 4.x SysNAND's fat16 to a higher firmware version SysNAND's fat16, in order to make the Gateway exploit bootable? Or would there be some sort of mismatched signatures or other problems?
This is what I did, bro. :)
I updated my sysnand to 7.2 and made a emunand based on it. Then I updated it to 9.49.4 online. After that I extracted my 4.5 xorpads, extracted my emunand based on 4.5 fat16, un-XORed it and extracted the NAND shared saves for mii, friends and streetpass. Then I've done the same (except extracting data) for emunand based on 7.2 and injected the extracted data.
Everything worked except the fact that emunand keys does not matter. What really matter is your sysnand key.

That means: it doesn't matter if your emunand is 4.5 or 7.2. If your sysnand is 4.5 you cannot decrypt newer saves.

Reactions: cearp

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is what I did, bro. :)
I updated my sysnand to 7.2 and made a emunand based on it. Then I updated it to 9.49.4 online. After that I extracted my 4.5 xorpads, extracted my emunand based on 4.5 fat16, un-XORed it and extracted the NAND shared saves for mii, friends and streetpass. Then I've done the same (except extracting data) for emunand based on 7.2 and injected the extracted data.
Everything worked except the fact that emunand keys does not matter. What really matter is your sysnand key.

That means: it doesn't matter if your emunand is 4.5 or 7.2. If your sysnand is 4.5 you cannot decrypt newer saves.
Wait so you downgraded some components in a higher version SysNAND so you could use it to boot your EmuNAND while offline?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For Windows users, WinCDEmu is a great tool that simply adds the functionality directly into Windows to mount ISOs and a few other formats by simply right clicking and mounting.
Or you can just open the ISO with 7Zip or Winrar, they both browse ISO files fine and can modify them.
i don't think WinRAR can modify ISO files but I may be wrong.

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
No further progress so far...
What could cause the friend list to be freezing since I didn't format the memory, therefore my friend code didn't change?

Any ideas?

EDIT: SUCCESS! :) Now it is... so far, at least!

I skipped (unintentionally) the friend list applet save. After I have included it everything works
I must say though that the first time I loaded the friend list it took a tremendous amount of time to open. I thought it was frozen again and got pissed and frustrated and let the console alone... 15 minutes later (I don't know if it took that long though) I came back and my friend list was opened. YAAY! :D
I closed and opened it again and the second time it took the normal time to load up (some seconds).

I guess I'm done here! :)

EDIT2: Well! Not so fast, pretty boy!
So sad!
What files did you end up moving over?

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
What files did you end up moving over?

Well, just the NAND shares saves for streetpass, friend and mii:
0x00010032 - Friends module savegame
0x00020096 - Friend List applet savegame
0x00020217 - Mii Maker application savegame
0x00020218 - StreetPass Mii Plaza application savegame

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried to use this to change my play coin amount on my 9.5 MT-classic emuNAND.
So, I've changed the value in data/<my id>/extdata/00048000/f000000b/00000000/00000007 behind the 4F00 to FFFF.
That bricked my emuNAND, and I was stupid enough to not to back it up.
Me, panic. Panic, me. The only thing I care about in my emuNAND is my NINID, and I've already gotten that unlinked from another console, but they ask you the serial and can see the history of NINIDs that have been linked to your serial, so getting it unlinked again is a no-go.
So, I tried a lot of things, but the thing that worked in the end was replacing the 00000007 file with another from a 9.0.0-20E (The firmware this second-hand console came with) backup I had laying around, and matching the timestamp to the same as the backup 00000007.
So, Woop! Woop! Yay me, back to square one, lost a lot of time, and my 40 playcoins.
Has anybody successfully edited their play coin amount using this?

EDIT: And now I realize the size of the data that says the play coin amount is 0x2, so I should've done FF, instead of FFFF. I hate myself. (Btw, why is the offset and size counted in sets of 4 bits on 3dbrew, instead of full bytes? It's confusing.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...