ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

D

Deleted-346555

cearp we can't. This needs to be executed in ARM9. Unless we modify the 3ds firm we can't execute 3ds under ARM9. Sorry. Also this willn't work using SSSpwn, b\c usermode exploit. For all ppls trying to decrypt pokemon or anything: this WON'T WORK. AT ALL. This game is using the 7.x crypto, and, w/o some stuff(aka a modified NAND under 7.X allowing an exploit) you CAN'T DECRYPT IT. also the keyslot is different.

Reactions: cearp

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cearp we can't. This needs to be executed in ARM9. Unless we modify the 3ds firm we can't execute 3ds under ARM9. Sorry. Also this willn't work using SSSpwn, b\c usermode exploit. For all ppls trying to decrypt pokemon or anything: this WON'T WORK. AT ALL. This game is using the 7.x crypto, and, w/o some stuff(aka a modified NAND under 7.X allowing an exploit) you CAN'T DECRYPT IT. also the keyslot is different.

What if this was made into a CIA file and then executed somehow on emunand 8.x? (Yes I know CIA files can't run, just wondering if this is feasible)

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States

Pokemon doesn't use the 7.x crypto.

D

Deleted-346555

it WON'T until you modify the firm. and allows ARM9 exec using a flag as, for exemple, an unknown into the NCCH header that is unknown/always 00. Also this require way too much work for something like this. For 7.x crypto I'll do something else.

windwakr it don't? well I dunno, I have to check. Thx for sayin' it! (tho if you know what ur talkin' 'bou then it's surely like that, don't played w/ pokemon yet

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
pokemon was released with 6.x so it couldn't really be using 7.x encryption

only games that wont work will be the likes of tomodachi life, pokemon art academy and a couple of others

D

Deleted-346555

yes I checked, I just misreaded when I saw he was using a crypto. It's the 6.x savegames one, not the 7.x CTR one. Sorry 'bout this.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still, 6.x uses a different save file encryption, doesn't it?
As I suggested before, wouldn't it be possible to hack the Pokemon games to use plain unencrypted save files?

D

Deleted-346555

Too much work for this. It's easier to just decrypt then reencrypt afaik. Never studied this encryption that much tho.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think the problem with editing saves is that they need to be signed....the encryption/decryption has already been done....but iirc the signing has to be done by the aes function

D

Deleted-346555

In any cases not a huge problem. whenever I'll want / others wants to work on it it'll be done. For now you or have to wait or study.

xerpi

Trophies
XP
Country
D

Deleted-346555

Oh xerpi, cool to see ya here! It's simple but yet usefull. Tho I don't understand why they don't letted me make a XOR tool on the PC one before the release... oh well w/e

intermet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Super Mario Bros. 3 [NES VC]:

QfyYEkx.png

the file in rom is exactly the same a Super Mario Bros. 3 (USA):
iIfrdto.png

but 92 become 95.

Reactions: Celice

ndstuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
slight adjustment to the nes rom header and it runs fine in a nes emulator :P

kinds fun to see this stuff.....now theoretically we should be able to use the software gba emulator that is supposed to be in the VC roms.....although its slow according to 3dbrew....but i would still like to see it XD
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_Virtual_Console

That seems to be the case however VC emus are just quickly thrown together hacks meant to emulate specific games. 3DS itself does not have the power required for proper GBA or SNES emulation so I'm afraid you are in for disappointment.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That seems to be the case however VC emus are just quickly thrown together hacks meant to emulate specific games. 3DS itself does not have the power required for proper GBA or SNES emulation so I'm afraid you are in for disappointment.
well i have already had a go of blargsnes which isn't a disappointment, its not even finished and its already pretty decent albeit with some graphical glitches....but speed wise it plays perfectly fine, and i didnt say i had high expectations for the software emulated GBA VC compatibility(not the same as the actual GBA VC games uses, but apparently its in there its just never been used).....i would like to see it running just for the sake of it

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country

Doesn't the 3ds have the GBA hardware embedded on it?

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
After a bit of trouble, I got A Link Between Words extracted, Man this music is so epic. Now to look at all the other kinds of files... if anyone is having trouble getting the romfs to decrypt properly, I couldn't get it working until I used Twili's tool to extract the romfs from the rom. Seems 3dsExplorer has an issue or something. after that, it decrypted properly.
Can you link me to this tool or give me its name?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY