Hacking ReiNX from Atmosphere-Hekate questions

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to try out ReiNX as atmosphere was having problems with booting up one game out of the many I have and it just so happens to work in rei. So I have A few questions.

1. In hekate is it possible to autoboot into rei CFW without going through hekate like atmosphere can? as it sayin in hekate no main configurations found I guess the hekate.ini.

2. in hekate it says that A sleep mode library is missing only when booting reinx so what is that all about as it didn't say that when I had the atmosphere files on sd?

3. What does Auto HOS (Horizon Operating System?) power off mean exactly? Is that how you actually power down the system as the turn off option in horizon just goes to autoRMC with that turned on?

4. Is it possible to have both files for ReiNX CFW and Atmosphere on the SD just for the option to boot into another just in case??? Although I'd still want to autoboot into one of them but it would be cool to have the options.

5. And last I sometimes have to boot into hekate again and reload the rei.bin to actually get it to boot. Anyway it's successful every time?

Last edited by link42586,

belisleian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. In hekate is it possible to autoboot into rei CFW without going through hekate like atmosphere can? as it sayin in hekate no main configurations found I guess the hekate.ini.

Yes. Same as with atmosphere.

2. in hekate it says that A sleep mode library is missing only when booting reinx so what is that all about as it didn't say that when I had the atmosphere files on sd?

Not sure. Was it added in Reinx 2.0?!?!

3. What does Auto HOS (Horizon Operating System?) power off mean exactly? Is that how you actually power down the system as the turn off option in horizon just goes to autoRMC with that turned on?

Hekate 4.1 introduced a feature where if the payload is launched after shutting down, instead of entering the menu, it will shutdown the switch properly.

4. Is it possible to have both files for ReiNX CFW and Atmosphere on the SD just for the option to boot into another just in case??? Although I'd still want to autoboot into one of them but it would be cool to have the options.

Think so. Have you tried this site to setup your SD card. https://www.sdsetup.com

5. And last I sometimes have to boot into hekate again and reload the rei.bin to actually get it to boot. Anyway it's successful every time?

Didn't have any problem with that...

Have you tried Kosmos (atmosphere) CFW?

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes. Same as with atmosphere.

Not sure. Was it added in Reinx 2.0?!?!

Hekate 4.1 introduced a feature where if the payload is launched after shutting down, instead of entering the menu, it will shutdown the switch properly.

Think so. Have you tried this site to setup your SD card. https://www.sdsetup.com

Didn't have any problem with that...

Have you tried Kosmos (atmosphere) CFW?
Used kosmos files first from this site..then used that site for atmosphere which I guess is basically the same. Found out that one game wasn't working with those and tried rei and that sent me on this short journey. But yeah after that game didn't work I used that site to setup my memory stick yes. And thx for the help. Anyways I can just go through the setup on that site and do it for both atmosphere and rei and put both on the stick at once so I have the option of either? I'll give it A shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far