ReiNAND settings menu question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by intelminer, Mar 5, 2016.

1. intelminer
    OP

intelminer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    So, I got a lovely new Pokemon n3DS

I've finally got it set up with ReiNAND and everything, however I've hit an...interesting problem (or likely a hilariously 'noob' question)

When ever I enter the Settings menu in the EmuNAND, then exit, it goes back to the SysNAND instead

I've held off updating from 9.2 out of fear it'll update it on the SysNAND instead

Has anyone else run into this problem, or could possibly shed some light on what I've done wrong?

2. Jack54782

Jack54782 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    A9LH CRUSADE
    thats because when you exit system settings it just reboots the console, what entrypoint are you using (mset, menuhax)

3. intelminer
    OP

intelminer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    MenuHax into ReiNAND via CtrBootManager

4. RMZK

RMZK Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2015
    Mexico
    Thats the problem, go to Menuhax options and set it up to run the exploit as default and use a button combination to boot sysnand. For example when you turn on the console it will boot ctrlbootmanager as default and only if you press the button combination (for me is y+b, a think the default one is L) it'll boot sysnand. once you've done that, if you enter sysettings in your emunand and exit it'll boot CtrBootManager instead of sysnand without pressing a button.

have a nice day

5. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    this is normal, since it reboots the console.

if your NANDs are unlinked, you can safely update emunand if it says "Rei" instead of "Ver.".

6. Master-Killua

Master-Killua GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2016
    Peru
    I recomend use arm9loaderhax. I just installed it yesterday in my n3ds majora's edition, and i don't have any problem with it. It turn on and off faster, and you can turn it on with the n3ds closed. Use AuReiNand for this

7. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    @intelminer note this requires you downgrade the sysnand to 2.1 to get something called OTP. you should familiarize yourself with and get used to cfw, emunand, etc. before you attempt this.

8. intelminer
    OP

intelminer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States

I've looked into the ARM9loader stuff, it's an interesting (albeit, risky) proposition. Not one I'm willing to undertake however