Gaming Region Locked Games List

Kawo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was thinking of buying new games for my 3DS on some online stores (lower prices) but I remembered the damned region lock.
I know is not valid for every game out but I don't want buy a useless card or format everytime I want to play it (a really stupid method if you think about it) then I'm requesting a list for the games who are locked, in that way I will buy only the "free" ones.
Thanks to everyone.

87afcdc8e81d4943117f2fc2e089fe20.jpg

Image in only for the l0Lz

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does that mean, if you buy games from the UK, it won't work on an Australian 3DS? Or it's fine considering it's PAL?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the carts... if their is a seperate region code for australian releases (usually an AUS mark instead of a EUR mark) then no, it won't work. It'll be part of the game code on the front of the cart.

I don't believe so... Remember PAL is not a true region, it's a TV standard... Portables aren't locked to TV standards.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
koji2009 said:
Look at the carts... if their is a seperate region code for australian releases (usually an AUS mark instead of a EUR mark) then no, it won't work. It'll be part of the game code on the front of the cart.

I don't believe so... Remember PAL is not a true region, it's a TV standard... Portables aren't locked to TV standards.

Thanks for your reply. I see what you mean with the 'PAL' thing.

I just looked at my cart now, it says EUR at the end. It's the Australian version too.

So, I'm assuming, UK games will work?

Can anyone in the UK confirm if any of their games, on the game cart, at the end the code is EUR?

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
justmike said:
Does that mean, if you buy games from the UK, it won't work on an Australian 3DS? Or it's fine considering it's PAL?
I haven't tried it, but I believe it will work. There are a few online shops based in the UK that sell to Australia and say that their 3DS games will work in an Aussie 3DS.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I heard from some source (don't know whether true or not) that 3DS games will have regions exactly the same as the 360. NTSC-J, NTSC-U/C and PAL, just that they use only JP, EU and US I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it pisses me off