Gaming Region lock / chinese games

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Did someone already had the chance to have a look into the region lock implementation of the chinese mario?

https://mobile.twitter.com/zhugeex/status/1214430056233218049?s=21

At the moment there would be no real benefit to bypass, but the chinese market will get exclusives and at this time it would be nice to be prepared.

edit: I recognized the CN Mario is not released yet, which maybe explains the lack of community feedback. :)

Last edited by ciaomao,

Ushiara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I thought the nintendo switch was region free...
But i'm not suprised with China x)
Maybe the game price gonna be lower than the "global" one^^

I'm living i China btw, and got a switch lite from Taiwan. Don't know if it's one designed for the chinese market

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The Chinese love to pirate anyway... they'll just pirate these Chinese version games and install them on their 'regular' non-Chinese switches they already have. (In general I guess)
You can walk into a nice big mall in China and buy a hacked console/pirated media, it's very different there compared to most places.

I wonder if the cart dumping homebrew can dump these as is - probably...
Maybe need some more patches to play on cfw? Maybe not.

Last edited by cearp,

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
they'll just pirate these Chinese version games and install them on their 'regular' non-Chinese switches they already have.
And thats what the lock out is meant for. I think dumping the rom is not enough to make it work on non-chinese switches.

Regarding piracy in China. It is the same for many Asian countrys. I have been in Thailand in the 90s and was positive shocked as I found GG 16 in 1 modules. This was way before the first flash cards were available. I was king at the school playground, at this time. haha.

Last edited by ciaomao,
Reactions: cearp

Bonehead

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chinese switch is the best switch because nintendo is for children and children manufacture nintendo switches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-