Region lock being picky

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Blaze163, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Blaze163
    OP

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Lali ho

Finally got hold of the Ace Attorney movie on DVD with English subs, but I'm having trouble with it. It's region code 4, and for reasons unknown my PS3 isn't playing ball. I have a PAL 80GB old phat model still on official firmware (I have no idea where to start hacking it if I were ever inclined to), and it normally plays my other imported DVDs just fine, including other Region 4 discs. It's just being a tool about this one movie. Any ideas what's wrong, and more importantly how I can fix/bypass the issue? I'd accept the matter if the system was region locked and thus refused all non region 2 dvds, but as stated, it plays other imports without question, even my imported blu rays. Suggestions?

2. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Play it on something else.

3. Blaze163
    OP

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    I don't have anything else. My PS2 died in disgrace many months ago, I don't have the remote for the DVD player built into my tv, and no matter how hard I jam the damn thing, the DVD won't fit in my 3DS XL's cartridge slot :(

4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Erm... Download it, play the video file and feel less guilty because you have the original?

5. Blaze163
    OP

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Might see if I can find my laptop's USB DVD drive. Even if it doesn't play the movie I should at least be able to rip it to my USB keystick.

6. CheeseCake

CheeseCake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    On the Kitchen Table Obviously
    You could try playing it on your PC. I've played both local(dub/sub or both) and imported (pure moonrunes) anime DVDs on my laptop's CD slot.