Hacking Region free yet?

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello all o/
I was wondering if there`s no hack for region free yet? You know, I want some games that don't sell around here :B and I know a lot of people are the same so... XD
I wonder if there's a way of system hacking, like on wii, or maybe a homebrew for flashcard to bypass? like the bypass fot gamecube or wii had (but got blocked) ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can bypass the region and firmware with a Flashcard.
But you need your 3DS Firmware on 4.5.0-10
If you are past this version, you can't use the flashcard at all and can't have region free.

Check the existing Flashcards here.

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you!
Oh great , my 3DS is updated x-x 6.3.0-12U :B I don't planned to sue flashcard at all and I believed that nintendo would hear the fans lol
so I nee do wait a flashcart get update here ...
but how do it work? is homebrew like? or need to be like gateway and play the game there ?

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you!
Oh great , my 3DS is updated x-x 6.3.0-12U :B I don't planned to sue flashcard at all and I believed that nintendo would hear the fans lol
so I nee do wait a flashcart get update here ...
but how do it work? is homebrew like? or need to be like gateway and play the game there ?

You'd better buy a new 3DS on 4.1-4.5.

The hack of the 3DS is based on an exploit only working on firmware 4.1-4.5.
Unfortunately the exploit has been patched on 5.1.
That means we need to find a new exploit to hack the 3DS on the latest firmware.

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hmm .. there are no ways to downgrading? hehe *shot* well if I had to get a New 3DS should be better getting it on the region I want the games, but idk for now :B

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hmm .. there are no ways to downgrading? hehe *shot* well if I had to get a New 3DS should be better getting it on the region I want the games, but idk for now :B

Well you can downgrade but you need a firmware backup from the same 3ds.

Reactions: Sliter

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your only option as far as circumventing the region lock is concerned is having a 4.5 FW 3DS and a flashcart, preferably the Gateway3DS as it appears to have a strong team behind it, adamant to keep it up-to-date. Those two items are prerequisites, there's no other way of doing it. ;)

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to try to buy a new one, make sure it has Copyright 2012 Nintendo on the back.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/Z0FuNLL.jpg

This will increase your chances of having 4.1-4.5 Firmware. At least this is true in USA... not sure how it is in other regions. The Red/Black and Blue/Black models are a decent bet. If you do manage to get one with the right firmware, it doesn't matter what region if you get a flash card because they have region-free built into the hack.

Sliter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hmm I got it :v well this is kinda problematic XD but I see is the only way for now ...
I wonder if is possible something like a homebrew on flashcards for DS games (like R4 dual core) that work on updated 3DS.
The Homebrew should act as a free loader for a original 3DS card from another region.. like activating the homebrew , switch the card then pressing something and make it "reset"loading the game? :v I don't know if it just a big dream or a possible thing XD

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The surefire way of getting a 3ds xl with 4.5 firm or lower is looking through the serial number. (SW - 4 first numbers)
If it starts with SW 12xx (or perhaps lower) then it is likely to have 4.5 or lower, if it is factory sealed.
If it starts with SW 13xx minimum, it'll have a higher firmware.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmm I got it :v well this is kinda problematic XD but I see is the only way for now ...
I wonder if is possible something like a homebrew on flashcards for DS games (like R4 dual core) that work on updated 3DS.
The Homebrew should act as a free loader for a original 3DS card from another region.. like activating the homebrew , switch the card then pressing something and make it "reset"loading the game? :v I don't know if it just a big dream or a possible thing XD

Well the only way now is to use the Gateway unfortunately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...