Region free N3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Keylogger, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Hello,

With a JAP N3ds 9.0, can I run another region emunand? (Like 9.0EUR emunand) and play EUR games/roms and have access to EUR eshop?

Thanks

2. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    EUR EmuNAND? Sure. EUR eShop? Theoretically possible but extremely difficult due to being an N3DS.
    If you have an EmuNAND and want eShop content, then just install it as CIA since the only N3DS EmuNAND I can think of is Gateway.

3. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Thanks, and how can I change my Emunand region? I thought you need to be in 4.5 firmware but it's not possible with a N3DS

4. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
  5. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    For one, you could region change SysNAND and create an EmuNAND from that.
    For two, (possibly only if they're linked?) you could get the xorpads of the NAND and use them to change the EmuNAND directly.

The process, if you have a way to accomplish it, is simple: Install the other region's titles, then change/inject a new (since on SysNAND it has to be a legit one) SecureInfo_A to match the region, then delete the old system titles (for safety).

FBI can do the first and last steps easily, EmuNAND or SysNAND. For the SecureInfo, 3DSTransferDevice can do it on SysNAND and the only thing I can think of for EmuNAND is direct modification.