Region changing

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Barawer, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Barawer
    OP

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Iceland
    Hey,
    My friend has a EUR n3ds at 11.0 and he found a 9.2 US o3ds for dirt cheap. he was thinking about region changing it, but i read a lot about people not recommending it, saying it can cause problems in the future etc.
    He wants the US one to work fully after the region change.
    What are the risks? if the process completed successfully, what problems might occur?

2. Nightwind84

Nightwind84 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2016
    Italy
    The question is "why?" alh9 + luma3ds and 3ds is region free.... all games of any region works....

3. Barawer
    OP

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Iceland
    So he can downgrade the EUR one.

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  4. streetbrawler123

streetbrawler123 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2013
    Netherlands
    Well I have a US 2ds With Menuhax reinand on it and when I try to play mario kart vs my lil bro ( he has a a9lh EU N3dsXL) they cant find eachother -_-
    I think thats a good reason to region change

5. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    its not how it works you cant perform system transfer with a region changed console

6. alpha_noj

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I have a region changed JPN N3DS to US, and everything works except the eShop. This means updates also have to be done through Ciangel or something similar as it always gets an error otherwise. There may be ways around this, but I'm not aware of them.

@streetbrawler123 you should be able to play together if you both have the same region GAME, which is what should influence the systems finding each other I believe. I can play MHGen locally and online no problem, all US region carts.

7. Barawer
    OP

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Iceland
    From what a gather on an o3ds thats not a problem, but i still hear that its not recommended to do it. why is that?

8. Effi

Effi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2016
    Iceland
    Hi guys,
    Regarding to the post:
    The question is rather it is possible to use a region changed console (former o3ds us---> and now o3ds converted to pal) for a system transfer to a new pal console (ver. 11) with dsi exploit for downgrading, with minimum risk?

Thanks in advance :)