Hacking Region Changing Palantine CFW

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me its been about impossible region changing Palantine's CFW, I get stream error when I use one of the SecureInfo_A Injectors and I keep getting my 3ds frozen when I use the other one, And I also can't extract the emunand using emunand tool because it gives me a 1 KB emunand backup and an unknown nand size error. Has anyone been able to region change palantine cfw? I also don't own a GW so that's why I have to use palantine to install the system cias.

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
the difference between rednand and emunand is just one last dummy sector that rednand makes, to extract the rednand and make it a normal emunand, use the hex workshop to open the physical drive of ur SD! and save the sectors (from>2 to 1931264) that will get you a normal emunand.

also ive been trying to update with 3DNUS 9.2 cias pack but every time i convert the updated rednand to normal emunand i get brick when booting from rxTools, anyone knows a better way for me to update it???

Reactions: codychaosx

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the difference between rednand and emunand is just one last dummy sector that rednand makes, to extract the rednand and make it a normal emunand, use the hex workshop to open the physical drive of ur SD! and save the sectors (from>2 to 1931264) that will get you a normal emunand.

also ive been trying to update with 3DNUS 9.2 cias pack but every time i convert the updated rednand to normal emunand i get brick when booting from rxTools, anyone knows a better way for me to update it???

But my normal emunand from RXTools is 954 MBs and not 942 MB like the one that I got while saving the sectors, does this matter?

Edit: and when I injected the secureinfo_a, it said decrypton failed and it aborted, but then it said injecting was sucessfull...

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
But my normal emunand from RXTools is 954 MBs(i made it out of my 4.5 sysnand backup and not with MT or gateway...) and not 942 MB like the one that I got while saving the sectors, does this matter?
idk, probably, you should ask about it on the rxtools thread. but my rxtools 9.6 emunand dumped with emuNANDTool is 943 MBs, 11 MBs difference with your nand is big so your emunand is probably messedup with garbage data or something coz you probably made it with MT-Card or gateway and then updated it with rxtools?,.

AquaX101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk, probably, you should ask about it on the rxtools thread. but my rxtools 9.6 emunand dumped with emuNANDTool is 943 MBs, 11 MBs difference with your nand is big so your emunand is probably messedup with garbage data or something coz you probably made it with MT-Card or gateway and then updated it with rxtools?,.

And also I forgot to mention that I backed up my sysnand and I also got 954 MBs on that too.

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
And also I forgot to mention that I backed up my sysnand and I also got 954 MBs on that too.
found the answer:
There are two different NAND chipsets (different manufacturers), and they are of different sizes.
3DS and 3DSXL/LL
Toshiba NAND:
1931264 sectors
988.807.168 bytes = 943 MB
Samsung NAND:
1953792 sectors
1.000.341.504 bytes = 954 MB

so you will need to save sectors 2 to 1953792...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?