Hacking Region Change Precautions?

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm debating whether I should change my EUR N3DSXL to USA, as all the CIA I can find onlnie are USA, but local multiplayer for some games will not work as the USA titles do not match the EUR console. Plus, I have to update every USA title manually with CIAs.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing has stated 'only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and all Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!'

However, I'm not entirely sure if eShop has been accessed before. The only knowledge I have is the seller has updated the firmware. Is it possible to check it with a homebrew?

Thank you.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm debating whether I should change my EUR N3DSXL to USA, as all the CIA I can find onlnie are USA, but local multiplayer for some games will not work as the USA titles do not match the EUR console. Plus, I have to update every USA title manually with CIAs.
If you're playing games with local multiplayer, then what do the other players do? Buy their games from the EU eShop?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm debating whether I should change my EUR N3DSXL to USA, as all the CIA I can find onlnie are USA, but local multiplayer for some games will not work as the USA titles do not match the EUR console. Plus, I have to update every USA title manually with CIAs.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing has stated 'only New 3DSs which have never accessed the eShop before and all Old 3DSs will be able to access the eShop after creating a new NNID on their new region. Region changed New 3DSs that have already accessed the eShop on their original region cannot create a new NNID and access the eShop on their new region!'

However, I'm not entirely sure if eShop has been accessed before. The only knowledge I have is the seller has updated the firmware. Is it possible to check it with a homebrew?

Thank you.
Latest Luma3DS has made DLP region free

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

Just curious, to anyone who has the knowledge, is the above only for those who have a different region 3DS (example Europe) and wants to region change to US eShop using LUMA, or is this something that also apply to stock non-CFW?

Meaning if I used to have my 3DS eShop accessed the US eShop and then now I want to change to Europe eShop (for discussion sake) will the above affect my stock 3DS?

lilyuwuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just curious, to anyone who has the knowledge, is the above only for those who have a different region 3DS (example Europe) and wants to region change to US eShop using LUMA, or is this something that also apply to stock non-CFW?

Meaning if I used to have my 3DS eShop accessed the US eShop and then now I want to change to Europe eShop (for discussion sake) will the above affect my stock 3DS?
Non CFW can't change region if that's what you're asking. NNID can only be linked to one console and is effectively region locked (there are apparently workarounds, all involving cfw, that are a massive pain)

Reactions: defunct32

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Once the system launches any region eshop it's baked in for good was the case for O3DS models n3ds it's factory baked in

Reactions: defunct32

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Ah, okay, so for my case which is the non-CFW New 2DS XL, a US region 2DS so even if I say, choose Europe when setting up I cannot access the EU eShop cause system is already in US region?

Another question related to NNID, I tried downloading a game from the US eShop without linking any NNID to the system; downloaded and plays fine, do we actually need NNID in the first place? Can my New 2DS XL be NNID free?

Thank you.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another question related to NNID, I tried downloading a game from the US eShop without linking any NNID to the system; downloaded and plays fine, do we actually need NNID in the first place? Can my New 2DS XL be NNID free?
How did you access the eShop without logging in at all?

techmuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can access the eShop without an NNID linked, its to download certain things (I don't know exactly I just know its the case for a fair amount of eShop titles) that require an NNID linked to download.

Reactions: fmkid and defunct32

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
How did you access the eShop without logging in at all?

You can. I downloaded a title called Ambition of the Slime without an NNID, however, the eShop will still ask for your region, area, zip code, birthdate etc before processing payment hence is why I ask because all this time I was under the impression that an NNID is a must.

When I Googled a bit more, I found this.

Nintendo 3DS family
In order to download demos or free software from Nintendo eShop, you must first create or link a Nintendo Network ID. A Nintendo Network ID is not required for purchases in the Nintendo eShop or to use any of the system's other online features.

@techmuse NNID is needed for demos and probably when you lost your 3DS and Nintendo need an ID linked to the console or some such to do remote transfer, etc.

Last edited by defunct32,
Reactions: techmuse

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo