Sigma305

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey whats up guys!

Im new here, and Im deeply sorry for any annoyance, but I really needed to ask this, how do I actually upate the gateway? Do I just replace the launcher.dat or would I meed to reinstall the whole process with the bluecard?

I just got a gateway today, and well, Im stuck :|

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have installed the blue card with ver 1.2 or up you can just replace the launcher.dat file in the SD card. The blue card is the same for 1.2 up at this point so the exploit does not need to be redone.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extra note... If you use the latest firmware for Gateway, don't run the diagnostic as there is new research showing that it may cause a huge chance of bricking. If you want to be totally safe use an older version.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
yes change the url to 2.01b instead of 2.02b

......../GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b2.zip
......../GW_BETA_RELEASE_2.0b1.zip

Its the first download link on gateways website

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
So when going from 2.01b to 2.0 final when its released the only thing needed to do is replace the launcher.dat then?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when going from 2.01b to 2.0 final when its released the only thing needed to do is replace the launcher.dat then?
Well I am not 100% sure if the update procedure will be exactly the same since multirom is coming out. It may require something slightly different but they will tell everyone what to do in the readme.

This guide should have tons of information about flashcards, etc.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_hacking_faq

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello welcome to GBATemp

Just a friendly advice, don't update to 2.0b yet, a lot of Gateway bricking has been going on thanks to that firmware.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
It's also probably a good idea to wait a little while before updating to the 2.0 Final when it comes out, since Gateway has been reluctant to alert anyone that their code has the potential to brick systems. Wait until someone here can confirm that it is safe, or god forbid, not safe.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You will be fine with 2.0b2 just don't use the Diagnostic check!. I went back down to b1 myself but found issues like some games did not work on my SD Micro Card and had issues with eshop etc.. also no GW3D indicator in settings on the custom firmware I would Just stick with b2 and don't do any diagnostic check. I went back to b2 straight away, b1 seemed very messy to me, you will be OK! :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You will be fine with 2.0b2 just don't use the Diagnostic check!. I went back down to b1 myself but found issues like some games did not work on my SD Micro Card and had issues with eshop etc.. also no GW3D indicator in settings on the custom firmware I would Just stick with b2 and don't do any diagnostic check. I went back to b2 straight away, b1 seemed very messy to me, you will be OK! :)

Inb4brick, whilst I myself have found no proof that you can be randomly bricked with b2, I couldn't 100% guarantee it,
Whilst it does appear that the bricks where down to diagnostics mode it is just a fairly probable theory, I encourage people make up their own mind if they feel confident with the risks, and implore everyone to make a god damn nand backup should the worst happen

Sigma305

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, updated or not, there will always be risks, I think if No one runs the diagnostics, EVEN if it may not the cause, it helps. If anything, Im wait because its true, 2.0 is days away and hopefully it fixes alot :3

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Inb4brick, whilst I myself have found no proof that you can be randomly bricked with b2, I couldn't 100% guarantee it,
Whilst it does appear that the bricks where down to diagnostics mode it is just a fairly probable theory, I encourage people make up their own mind if they feel confident with the risks, and implore everyone to make a god damn nand backup should the worst happen

Yes like what ryu had mentioned in the other thread.

There seems to be a correlation between diagnostics/2.0b2 causing bricks but it does not mean that the cause for bricks has been found.

To put in in a way that some might understand better... It rained hence grass is wet, but just because grass is wet does not mean it rained.

I myself am using 1.2 to be extra sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16