Regarding PS3 Update 4.00

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by THEacekardFREAK1, Feb 5, 2012.

Feb 5, 2012
  1. THEacekardFREAK1
    OP

Newcomer THEacekardFREAK1 Advanced Member

United States
    Ok Tempers, I am in some sort of a predicament that isn't so much of a problem. I downloaded the PS3 Update 4.00 onto a flashdrive and went through the installation stuff. Problem here is that when the PS3 restarts after copying the update data and starts to install, it goes to about 70% or so and then it's completed....it never meets 100% nor does it give any kind of error. It works though but it seems odd that it goes to around 70% and is completed. Can somebody shine some light on this for me.
    Forgot to mention that I am using a PS3 Slim 160GB that is about a year and a half old.

2. haxan

Member haxan GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    hmmm i'd say redownload it again from the ps3 update thingy.
    if it didnt work theres a site that have all the ps3 updates u can download from........... which i forgot its name, i'll search it again
    (btw i had the same problem but i downloaded the update again and it worked)

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    mine did this with 4.10 went from 40% then restarted itself
    its on 4.10 so im guessing its completely normal, your system is updated (also have the latest rev of the 160GB ps3 slim)

4. THEacekardFREAK1
    OP

Newcomer THEacekardFREAK1 Advanced Member

United States
    I see. At the time that I was on 4.00 I redownloaded it and did it and it did the same thing but now I'm on 4.10 like you which went to 100%. And also another problem if you guys can help is that my PS3 Slim is slowing down. I've done Restore File System, Rebuild Database, deleting files, etc.. I know I could do a Full Format but that'll take 14 hours or so. Any Suggestions?

5. akari212

Member akari212 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I did have this similar situation of your on my old console. It updates around 60% thern suddenly 100% (but you can barely see it, since it restart the console once 100% reached it) but the console seems running just fine though, no problems on game and any functions of the PS3.

I consider this normal as long as the update does not loop. If it loops or stucks on update progress, I highly suspect that your PS3 had a broken Blu-ray drive that prevents it from updating the Blu-Ray firmware from updating. In this case I suggest that you send it to Sony, or if you have jailbroken console, you can fix it by yourself by buying a new entire BD-Drive and re-marry it with available methods on the internet.