bobbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

OK, a buddy of mine, who for some reason doesn't think he's up to snuff to ask this himself, had tried installing backuploader (not entirely sure the version, but I'm pretty sure it was beta and not Gamma) through the info in DJTaz's sig (this was all back in October). Something went a little goofy, and he couldn't run the backup loader through it's own channel, but running it in HBC was no problem, so we thought everything was good "enough".

Apparently, he just tried playing Brawl (original disc, not a backup) for the first time in a while and his Wii told him he needed to update to play it (it worked fine before he did his hacks). It also gave an error when playing through the backup loader (idk if originals even work through backuploader, but figured it was worth a shot). Now, he's desperate to play Brawl (pretty much his fav. game apparently) but also doesn't want to brick his Wii. He even went so far as to use the system format/restore option. That had no problem wiping his saves (really wish he would've had a little more patience, I could have at least helped him backup his Brawl save... sheesh) so no need to be concerned with him losing data. HOWEVER, it doesn't seem to have completely reset the Wii correctly, as his Mii channel doesn't run for some reason.

My knowldege of what he has done (in summation)
1. Twighlight hack
2. Installed HBC
3. Tried (unsuccessfully) to install a bckuploader channel (again, I'm pretty sure it would have been Beta) through the links in DJTaz's sig (which btw, I used on multiple Wii's and worked great. Thanks man!)
4. Backups ran fine off of the backuploader in HBC though
5. Tried to play Brawl through disc channel, said needed update
6. Some official channels, including Mii Channel, didn't work
7. Tried to play Brawl through HBC loader, got an error (really wish he could be more specific here...)
8. Got impatient and reformatted his Wii
9. Brawl still needs an update, Mii Channel still doesn't work

Now for the questions:
1. What is the simplest way to restore his Wii to state before any hacks? Is it ok to just run the update off the brawl disc (or even connect it online and get, what is it now, 3.4?).
2. If we can redo the hacks afterwards, great, if not, he's not concerned, he just wants his Brawl (a little obsessed, I know, lol). If we can, is anything extra needed? (especially if we need to update it to 3.4 first).

If you guys need any info to help him, ask, and I'll find out from him. I hate playing middle man, but he's one of my best mates, so I do what I can.

Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks!!

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since I don't see any apps for HBC which can repair Channels on the Wii, I suggest updating using the Brawl Disc. Then do the Twilight Hack/HBC again and downgrade your Wii System Firmware using Any Region Converter, then reinstall the backuplaucher correctly or perhaps use another backuplaucher. I don't know much about HBC hacks but this is what I think you should do.

bobbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestions on the Brawl update, I'll pass that along to him. Any ideas about the Mii channel and why reformatting didn't fix it? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte