redsn0w beta update released for iOS 4

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Just hours after Apple released the highly anticipated iPhone iOS 4 update, the folks from iPhone DevTeam has also released a new redsn0w beta "to hacktivate iOS 4.0 for iPhone 3G." According to the team:

Update #1: redsn0w beta has been updated to hacktivate iOS 4.0 for iPhone3G (in addition to jailbreaking the iPhone3G and iPod Touch 2G). The download links for redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 are:

Mac OSX (x86)
Windows

For now, the redsn0w beta release supports only the iPhone3G and iPod Touch 2G at today’s 4.0. It’s still a beta, so you’ll need to let Cydia reorganize, reload, and update after using redsn0w.

So there you have it folks, stay tune for further updates.

Source

benbop1992

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude.. only asking.
tongue.gif

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
trying to do it now so far

so far its been 3-4 hours

-update to new itunes (failed
-update to new itunes (FAILED)!!!!
-went on website and downloaded it there worked
-back up ipod
-download update from i tunes
-install
-download again from website
-waiting till finishes (315 mb !!!) normally 200
-red snow

so pissed off if something goes ill go wrong

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
xcdjy said:
Surely some genius out there has to figure out how to sort out official multitasking for 2Gs.

If you're referring to the iPod Touch 2G, then I'm afraid that multitasking wouldn't go down well at all due to lack of memory
frown.gif
341a56ddfc2830ee9b0d593f470ce4e2.png

Applies to iPT 2G as well.

D

Deleted-247497

damn i thought i had an itouch 2g so i updated but now im jailbreakless because i found out its 3g fuuuu

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
PwnageTool 4.0 Released
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/726179754/foursome-news

In other news, I went from Jailbroken 3.1.2 on my 3G to 4.0, then Jailbroke using redsn0w (With multi-tasking and home screen background enabled) all worked fine, minus the fact that Cydia had a white icon, but that is fixed as soon as you load the app and reorganize. Then I connected to iTunes and re-set-up my iPhone from a backup with a few of my apps in it, installed the backup all good, Springboard resprang, but then all my official Apps (The ones that come when you first get your iDevice) had all dissapeared, baring Weather and Youtube app. Even when I rebooted multiple times it was still the same, told the Dev-Team about the issue, dunno if it's just me or what but I restored back to 4.0 Official and re-jailbroke again, all's going fine so far, if anyone can recreate the problem so I know it's not just me please do tell.

6qw8hv.png

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
xcdjy said:
Urza said:
PettingZoo said:
xcdjy said:
Surely some genius out there has to figure out how to sort out official multitasking for 2Gs.

If you're referring to the iPod Touch 2G, then I'm afraid that multitasking wouldn't go down well at all due to lack of memory
frown.gif
341a56ddfc2830ee9b0d593f470ce4e2.png

Applies to iPT 2G as well.
That's awesome. Awesome awesome awesome.
Reckon it'd be worth trying on a 2G?
I mean, backgrounder holds up okay on 2G.
Works fine on my 3G so should work fine for your iPod Touch 2G, you can just select the option 'Enable Multi-tasking' when going through redsn0w.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
For those of you who have NO idea how to use redsn0w (like me), my friend has just posted a useful link on my wall on Facebook.

Sharing is caring, right?
tongue.gif
That's basically what redsn0w tells you to do throughout. Also noteworthy is that iBooks after Jailbreaking ceases to function properly, seems i'm not the only one with this problem aswell, happening to everyone.
EDIT: I don't think orientation lock is iPhone-only but it might require Multi-tasking to be enabled to access it as you access it on the multi-tasking screen (Double tap home button)
Currently uploading redsn0w 0.9.5b5-3 (Windows) to FileTrip, will post mirror when done.
EDIT2: FileTrip Mirror

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, it says that stuff right on the program? I didn't know, seeing as how I still haven't even opened the program (iOS 4 IPSW for iPT 2G is still downloading). However, it's good to have it all there.

EDIT: So does this mean that installing Backgrounder and Multifl0w is a bad idea on iOS 4?
tongue.gif

FaSMaN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just loaded 4.0 on mine (3g) and redsnowed it seems to work okay so far, but it appears as if some homebrew needs to be updated cycorder just kicks me back to the main screen as well as mx-tube and springboard just freezes on startup but that is too be expected , but so far so good busy testing out multitasking

PS My battery still doeesnt show percentidge any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsfw-ds-homebrew.73091/