gbaboy123

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So hi guys, i want a gaming android tablet that can run all android games without a problem and emulators like ps1,psp,n64 and dreamcast and my requirements are that i want it to be a newer tablet like late 2015 and early 2016 and under 400$ i hope you guys could recommend me a good tablet for gaming thanks. :)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hands down either the actual Shield console, or while a smidge less powerful, their tablet is a nice runner up. It has quite a few perks, especially if your PC has a newer level of a nvidia video card too. You can stream gaming between them, use the tablet or controller as a tool. A lot of games made for the geforce experience will work in tandem with their devices, and also quite a few games will get android (only on shield) versions too so it has a nice portability factor if you have the tablet. They've got a solid thing going with their chipset they've adapted to the Android environment I don't think anyone quite matches as well in the big picture. I'm thinking your late 2015/early 2016 is kind of a too early to tell pipe dream. The shield console is less than a year old, it's basically tops for a stand alone device and the tablet isn't much older than that. They can easily handle thsoe emulators and the console being the newer X1 (vs K1 chip in tablet) chipset would have an even easier time of it. Might want to just widen your time frame and do a little reading. The console can be $200 for 16GB storage inside (with memory card expansion just like the tablet) or for $300 it has a 500GB internal memory storage which is a lot of useful room there for what you want.

https://shield.nvidia.com/store/android-tv

Last edited by VmprHntrD,
Reactions: gbaboy123

gbaboy123

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hands down either the actual Shield console, or while a smidge less powerful, their tablet is a nice runner up. It has quite a few perks, especially if your PC has a newer level of a nvidia video card too. You can stream gaming between them, use the tablet or controller as a tool. A lot of games made for the geforce experience will work in tandem with their devices, and also quite a few games will get android (only on shield) versions too so it has a nice portability factor if you have the tablet. They've got a solid thing going with their chipset they've adapted to the Android environment I don't think anyone quite matches as well in the big picture. I'm thinking your late 2015/early 2016 is kind of a too early to tell pipe dream. The shield console is less than a year old, it's basically tops for a stand alone device and the tablet isn't much older than that. They can easily handle thsoe emulators and the console being the newer X1 (vs K1 chip in tablet) chipset would have an even easier time of it. Might want to just widen your time frame and do a little reading. The console can be $200 for 16GB storage inside (with memory card expansion just like the tablet) or for $300 it has a 500GB internal memory storage which is a lot of useful room there for what you want.

https://shield.nvidia.com/store/android-tv
Bro i missed this, thanks for the info am really intrested on the nvidia shield tablet because the portability and i have a gaming pc so i can stream my games but thank you so much for the help bro :):):)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro i missed this, thanks for the info am really intrested on the nvidia shield tablet because the portability and i have a gaming pc so i can stream my games but thank you so much for the help bro :):):)
I have the tablet, the one with the stylus. It's mostly on par with the console anyway. All you need is like a few dollar mini hdmi to hdmi plug, jack that into a TV, use a bluetooth controller and you're solid. It takes microSD card anyway so you can throw a lot more storage at it than the 16GB (of which like 60% is used by Trine2+Nvidia/Android os/apps. I put a 64GB in there and I've barely scratched it. I'm using Android 6 so I setup the card as my primary storage so it's encrypted, but my main I can still use attached to a PC to put movies, clips, pics, mp3s, whatever on there if I chose to. I don't recall the max card size it can take, probably 256MB or if not that twice that size I'd think but no more.

gbaboy123

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the tablet, the one with the stylus. It's mostly on par with the console anyway. All you need is like a few dollar mini hdmi to hdmi plug, jack that into a TV, use a bluetooth controller and you're solid. It takes microSD card anyway so you can throw a lot more storage at it than the 16GB (of which like 60% is used by Trine2+Nvidia/Android os/apps. I put a 64GB in there and I've barely scratched it. I'm using Android 6 so I setup the card as my primary storage so it's encrypted, but my main I can still use attached to a PC to put movies, clips, pics, mp3s, whatever on there if I chose to. I don't recall the max card size it can take, probably 256MB or if not that twice that size I'd think but no more.
And how is the performance with the emulators and games overall?

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
And how is the performance with the emulators and games overall?
Well, my shield portable is alot weaker than the tablet, and it plays Ps1 and n64 perfectly, the PSP emulation on the portable is fine in some games but struggles with others, i think the tablet would play PSP perfectly.

Also the tablet can play most wii and gamecube games at about half speed from what i've heard.

gbaboy123

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my shield portable is alot weaker than the tablet, and it plays Ps1 and n64 perfectly, the PSP emulation on the portable is fine in some games but struggles with others, i think the tablet would play PSP perfectly.

Also the tablet can play most wii and gamecube games at about half speed from what i've heard.
So do you think i should go for it?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry late to the party not here every day, but as he said the portable is weakest, the tablet falls in the middle, but upper middle between the portable and the full console. It's a nice compromise for price given you got the re-release without the stylus that's $200 vs the $300 console. I've not thrown N64 at it, but if he says it runs right on the weaker you're in good shape. It's meant as a device also to stream from Nvidia pc/laptop cards as a game bridge so it has a lot of oomph to handle beefier games so emulators for 15+ year old consoles shouldn't be an issue.

gbaboy123

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry late to the party not here every day, but as he said the portable is weakest, the tablet falls in the middle, but upper middle between the portable and the full console. It's a nice compromise for price given you got the re-release without the stylus that's $200 vs the $300 console. I've not thrown N64 at it, but if he says it runs right on the weaker you're in good shape. It's meant as a device also to stream from Nvidia pc/laptop cards as a game bridge so it has a lot of oomph to handle beefier games so emulators for 15+ year old consoles shouldn't be an issue.
something that kind of backs me off the shield tablet is that it was released 2 years ago so i really don't know when will the next one will be released

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they just did another one and they're supposedly sticking with it for awhile. It's a dumbed down cheaper version of what I have. They took the existing tablet, changed none of the specs, REMOVED the stylus(dicks) and also the power adapter too just leaving you with the USB cable so you have to buy your own or plug it into a PC to charge it. The up side, it's $200 vs $300.

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have this coming tomorrow. I got the apple tv4 th gen, but never opened it, took it back and decided to get this. I think I'll be happy with it.
I dont have my Ouya anymore and other then my tablets the only other android console/pc I have is that Remix Mini, so I'm thinking
this thing will be pretty fun to play with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: