Hardware Recommend some good speakers?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a set of Logitech speakers I've had maybe more or less around four years, and recently it's beginning to develop an odd and annoying static/crackle when when I adjust the volume and listen to music with the volume halfway up. At first I thought it was my headphones, tested them on various devices, nope, they're even older than the speakers and still work great. It's almost like a faint humming/slight crackling and it's very annoying, I can hear it even when no sound is playing, volume max or all the way down, it's always there. I tried unplugging it, plugging it back in, tried plugging it in the front audio port on my computer tower, no dice. My previous Logitech speakers lasted ten years before they finally bit the dust, but four years, I expected maybe one or two more, you know?

That said, I don't need anything extravagant, but at the same time, I don't want to go super cheap either, so a middle ground, maybe $80-90 max, as to what brands are really good, I don't know.

Features I'm looking for:

2.1 with a decent subwoofer (80-120 W) with bass control
Headphone jack that doesn't get loose over time (which I don't think is helping)
Has a button to power on instead of a control knob that clicks on

Essentially, a set of speakers that doesn't have the issues my current model, which
is the Logitech Z523 http://tinyurl.com/n9yymtq

Maybe something similar to this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-z623-2-1-speaker-system-3-piece-black/1231979.p?skuId=1231979 but I'm not sure plonking down 120 bucks for speakers would be prudent, as it is a bit steep, thought I'd run this by first :P

I really just want good speakers, but don't break the bank either, thanks ^_^

hunoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
80-90$ Max? Sheesh if you were willing to Splurge I would recommend Some Audio engine A2+'s but that is WAY beyond your budget.

I would just get another set of Logitech's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte