Hacking Recommend an HDD for running GameCube backups

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The external hard drive I'm using now works fine with Wii games, but it seems like a random 60% of GameCube games (even ones said to be compatible with DIOS MIOS) won't run or crash. If anyone who has had little to no issues with DIOS MIOS could tell me the model of their hard drive, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The external hard drive I'm using now works fine with Wii games, but it seems like a random 60% of GameCube games (even ones said to be compatible with DIOS MIOS) won't run or crash. If anyone who has had little to no issues with DIOS MIOS could tell me the model of their hard drive, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

This doesn't sound like it is a hard drive issue.

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't sound like it is a hard drive issue.
I'm fairly certain it is. I tried others USB drives in the same USB port running the same backup and they didn't have the same issues. If you have another suggestion about what it could be, though, go ahead. I'd love to fix this without having to buy a new drive.

KnilKrad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run defrag on it in the past and Windows reports it as being 0% fragmented.

Would anyone like to share their HDD model?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1