Recommend a Good Sound Card

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Jiehfeng, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria
    Under your fucking chair.
    I got a good new decent pair of headphones and from that I realized my onboard sound is shit, 'nuff said.
    Are there any decent sound cards I could get for under or near $100 which could go better than the onboard realtek card? Even USB DACs would be fine I guess.

EDIT: Just realized I made a thread similar to this 2 years back. xD
    Found one in it, how's the Xonar DGX?

Last edited by Jiehfeng, Mar 23, 2016
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    The sound quality or the volume/driving capability? The latter, which would be made apparent by some nice low impedance headphones, can be sorted by an external amp, which many people already have available to them or available far more cheaply than a decent sound card.

If you do need a sound card though do you need any extra inputs or anything? That is usually what most people get an external card for these days so you have some options there.

3. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng A Racist

Aug 15, 2012
    Nigeria
    Under your fucking chair.
    Volume would be a nice touch, but it's not what I'm mainly looking for.
    After some googling around I've seen many people mention there would be a good difference between a decent souncard and the onboard mobo sound card. Cause from listening to my iPod and PC, there is a huge difference in quality, and I'm plugged into the back of my mobo, so no noise problems or anything, but the quality still lacks. And no, more inputs aren't what I want, but it would be nice.

4. dekuleon

dekuleon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    dekuleon is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 1, 2010
    Brazil
    where the wind makes the curve
    Hifiman hm-101 is a little USB souncard that boosted the audio quality from my PC a lot!!