Gaming Recent SoftMod PSP Series

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, doesn't seem like there are any psp 2000 slim dextar or silver out in stores. I guess because its been over 3 years lol but there aren't any used ones either at gamestop.

Are there any other psp2000 that can be hacked I should know about? Also are any of the current PSP 3000 possible? I've read lots of different articles but they seem to be outdated by a year or two. So things may have changed.

Thanks guys:)

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Here's to elaborate on what everyone else said:
There are about 5 versions of the PSP:

PSP-100x -->The Phat (I have). 100% hackable. We use a Pandora's Battery and a Magic Memory Stick to hack these. When you install a custom firmware on these (aka 5.50 Gen D-3) it is Permanent.

Early model PSP-200x -->The Slim. 100% hackable. We also use a Pandora's Battery and a Magic Memory Stick to hack these. When you install a custom firmware on these (aka 5.50 Gen D-3) it is Permanent. It also has 2x the RAM (64MB compared to 32MB on the Slim) Best model in my opinion, but a bit hard to find.

PSP-200x v3 -->The Unhackable Slim. Referred to as v3 after the TA-088 v3 motherboard inside. These can be hacked, but with temporary custom firmwares (ChickHEN, 5.03 Gen, ala 3rd Gen iPod Touch models)

PSP-300x -->The "Brite." Contains the TA093 v3 motherboard (Same effects as the Unhackable slim), therefore can only take temporary custom firmwares.

PSP Go (I can't remember the series number off the top of my head) -->Completely unhackable as of right now. No UMD, No replaceable battery, No MemoryStick (M2 instead), this one is a NO Go.
tongue.gif

Also, about the Slims that can be hacked (Quote The PSP FAQs Thread):

PSP-2000 Motherboard Information:
TA-85 (Can use and make Pandora Battery)
TA-85v2 (Can use, but cannot make Pandora Battery)
TA-88v2 (Can use, but cannot make Pandora Battery)
TA-88v3 (Cannot use or make Pandora Battery)

Limited Edition & New Boxstyle:
Daxter Limited Edition Pack (TA-85v2/3.71 OFW)(CONFIRMED)
God of War Limited Edition Pack (TA-88v2/3.95 OFW)(CONFIRMED)
Madden 09 Limited Edition Pack (TA-88v2/3.95 OFW & TA-88v3/4.01 OFW)(CONFIRMED)
Piano Black with the New Box Style (TA-88v3)(UNCONFIRMED)
Piano Black (Amazon.com)(TA-88v3)(PARTIALLY CONFIRMED)

PSP-2000 Original Boxstyle Box Codes (Thanks to Alek @ Dark-AleX.org):
(No Letter) = 3.60
A = 3.71
B = UNKNOWN
C = 3.72
D = UNKNOWN
E = 3.80
F = 3.90
G = 3.95 / 4.01 (TA-88v2 / TA-88v3) BUT
A PSP with G and the 4.01 firmware is most likely a TA-88v3 motherboard, so it is advised that you stay away from them.

Hope that helps! Also, the list of Limited Editions missed one: The StarWars Darth Vader model, that one IS 100% hackable.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make sure he knows, "permanent" means it doesn't go away when you turn it off. You can still downgrade with pandora and MMS (at least on 100x)

At first I was like, "permanent, oh no!"

BTW TwinBlades, whereabouts in Canada are you? I'll bet lots of people are selling hacked PSPs on Craigslist in Toronto or similar place with high concentration of.......... the people that do that kind of thing.

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I live in London 2 hours away from Toronto. I've went on Kijiji but not Craiglist cause not a lot use it. I don't really want to buy the psp off the internet though because unlike a guitar (which I baught one for around 500) I can test everything out in that one spot quickly without having to make the seller angry or myself getting ripped. Guitar you just plug into amp, make sure volume etc works fine. PSP theres way too many things on it.

EDIT:Btw, whats the early psp slim? like was it in a bundle (I guess not cause it wasn't posted above) what colour and is there a way to find out it's the early version? Also it said 64mb twice as more than the slim, shouldn't it be phat?

EDIT2:Another note, when it says "can't make Pandora Battery" does that mean I can't mod the battery that comes with the PSP into a Pandora? Cause I rather just make the Pandora batter with the battery it comes with the PSP as it doesn't seem difficult instead of having to buy and wait for shipping

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit2: It means the PSP is incapable of making a Pandora battery period. If you buy a Pandora battery now, you won't have to wait too long for shipping (since you don't even have the PSP yet). Still, it's nice to have a PSP that can make the Pandora, though the early slims are rare.

edit: I'm not sure of any bundles on sale that guarantee you get an old version slim, but I can pretty much guarantee that you won't be able to buy one new. I think your best bet is to find a mom & pop store (ie; not Gamestop or a big chain), and see if they have any used slims for sale. You have a good shot at finding an older slim that way, but there is no way to be absolutely positive of the motherboard unless you run a certain program on it (someone else might know a better way, but there certainly wasn't one back when in the market for one).

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thx DS1 but to clearify. If I buy the other psp slim not the very early one. I can't mod the battery that it comes with (my own pandora)?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
TwinBlades said:
Ok thx DS1 but to clearify. If I buy the other psp slim not the very early one. I can't mod the battery that it comes with (my own pandora)?
Most PSP batteries are pandora-ble by hardmod. If it can't make a Pandora that means it can't softmod the battery into a Pandora by itself (if possible at all)
You're best off buying a Pandora anyway unless you have a spare battery lying around you don't mind losing

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
TwinBlades said:
Most PSP batteries are pandora-ble by hardmod. If it can't make a Pandora that means it can't softmod the battery into a Pandora by itself (if possible at all)
You're best off buying a Pandora anyway unless you have a spare battery lying around you don't mind losing

You can turn pandoras back into normal batteries (assuming it was a normal battery to begin with).

edit- That is, if you softmod it. If you hard-mod a battery, yeah, it's pretty much done.

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DS1 said:
Jamstruth said:
TwinBlades said:

You can turn pandoras back into normal batteries (assuming it was a normal battery to begin with).

edit- That is, if you softmod it. If you hard-mod a battery, yeah, it's pretty much done.
Oh okay thx a lot guys
smile.gif
but just one last thing xD. If it can make a pandora battery from the chart, it means you can softmod the batter in which case is the one where you just cut the green piece of the battery and take a pencil/graphite after and just line it back. While hardmod battery idk what it is but I'm guessing it where you cut the "legs" or the silver piece of the battery?

I'll be getting an extended battery anyways from Gamestop so I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work I'll just buy Pandora
smile.gif

THX AGAIN!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Softmodding a battery is rewriting the eeprom to something like all zero's to turn it into a service mode battery. No opening or hardware modification at all; simply the use of software run on a CFW'd PSP.

Hardmodding applies to both the examples you've given.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol our trash can decided to go flying and flipped on its side