Rebooting With Force NTSC?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Makmud, Feb 17, 2009.

Feb 17, 2009

Rebooting With Force NTSC? by Makmud at 2:19 PM (2,467 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Makmud
    OP

Newcomer Makmud Newbie

United States
    As some of you may know, PAL games don't work well on an NTSC tv unless you have the proper cable or you go to the config options of wii gator's backup launcher. That keeps those PAL games running. I'd like to know if there is a backup launcher where if you reboot, you play the game of the disc channel with force NTSC. If you don't understand, think about rebooting your wii from the backup launcher. Now you see the wii menu again. And your backup disc showed up on the disc channel. But when you start it, it doesn't come out in color. That's why I always have to Force NTSC from the backup launcher. Does anyone know how to reboot the wii with Force NTSC?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    As far as i know there are only 2 games which require the rebooter if you don't mess with your system(cioscorp), and these are Sam&Max Season 1 and FarcCry. Do you have a PAL version of one of these?

I don't know how to force a video mode in the disc channel, maybe it's possible with a menu rebooter or a preloader hack.

3. Makmud
    OP

Newcomer Makmud Newbie

United States
    I know I don't have to but using Force NTSC in the backup channel every single time for PAL games is annoying. And my Crash of Titans game is PAL and can't be booted from the backup channel and when I reboot it comes out in black and white. But if anyone has the rebooter with Force NTSC, please let me know.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you are only able to play the game in black&white with the backup launcher, the game doesn't contain the code for NTSC playback. The disc channel can't fix this, search the latest version of my toy in my sig, maybe it helps.

5. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    I know you can get channels of the backup launcher that have the options auto-set. You can probably get one of those.