Hardware really wierd problem with the Wii's firmware

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of a long story so i'll make it berief..
I bought my wii about six monthes ago in US, ntsc version of course. It has the D2C board, but fortunately the d2ckey came out at the about same time, and so I was one of the firsts that chipped his wii with this chip, I didnt do it myself, I paid for it. I got my wii back a day after but then I discovered that it got bricked and somehow a Pal firmware was now installed on it.
I counldnt get inside the Settings menu and I was able to run mostly pal versions of games. I couldnt fix this issue for quite some time, and I tried serveral techniques but none worked, Until recently... I dont know why I did it or what it did, I only tried to flash an Update disc of wiikey which of course didnt work but it has unbricked my wii! I now have Pal firmware that works the only problems are:
1. whenever a new pal game that out that contains an update on it, it duplicates the channels.
2.whenever it try to load Nintendo games (such as SMG or WII family ski) I get an "Error 001 unauthorized device has been detected". its like they inserts in their games some kind of protection or I dont know what that discover that I have PAL firmware on an ntsc device.

to all of the skeptics- the store gave me back the same wii, I checked it up and It got d2ckey and its indeed ntsc, I know the whole story is wierd but its true and that's really sucks that I cant play SMG, I whould appreciate if any of you got some ideas how can I sort these issues.
thanks alot.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How did you "checked it up"? I still am a skeptic and think at least part of the internals were swapped. I've never seen a report of a Wii that was able to have it's entire firmware switched from NTSC to PAL with any system update. Either they get bricked or semi-bricked but never working with a change from "n.nU" to "n.nE". What is the exact version of your firmware in the settings menu? Why didn't you take it back originally and why haven't you still taken it back to the person who originally performed the mod?

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the firmware is 3.1E, and I took the wii to the store and they suggested to take out the chip and return for my money but that whouldnt slove the problem and thats not what I wanted... I opened the case and checked that the chip is indeed d2ckey and the serial no. of the wii is the same as the one I gave them. maybe they really did replaced some of the internals, but I really doubt that they had the time to insert the chip and replace internal parts within an hour. and why whould they do it? and I have no idea how can I prove that they switched parts in the WII if they really did...

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried now SSBM and got the same "Error 001 unauthorized device has been detected". cant run nintendo games...

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a PAL drive. They probably swapped your Wii thinking you'd never notice, or didn't care if you did.

They obviously didn't put a d2ckey in your wii because you wouldn't get the Error 001. The cases for Wii are very interchangeable so they may have just taken the top from your Wii off and put it on a PAL machine.

Sucks for you man.

evilguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all I already opened the case and saw with my bare eyes that I have d2ckey...
second, how can I know what type of WII do I got? if they replaced the whole wii and left me just the top? I highly doubt it but it never hearts to check it up... anyway I still think they couldnt made it within the 1 hour time frame they got.
third, my main problem is that I have d2ckey and I cant pass this protection...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?