RE-hack Hacked wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SilverJWii, Dec 6, 2013.

1. SilverJWii
    OP

SilverJWii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    Hello,

My name is Jay and I am looking into Rehacking my wii. about 4 years ago, I hacked my wii using the twilight princess method and was able to install the homebrew channel without any problems and have not updated my wii since and it is still running 3.2U. Since it has been so long since i have last done anything like this with the wii, i find myself a bit lost with all of the new methods. I have a few questions:

1. is it safe to use the modmii even though it is already hacked? i have forgot everything i installed.

2. what system menu is the best one now and what should do?

I have bootmii installed, if that makes any difference.

thank you for your time

2. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Yes it is safe to use modmii tell it your wii is allready hacked and you want to update. I say go with system menu 4.1 its the best 4.3 is the same as 4.1 but with piracy preventing stuff. Modmii will ask what system menu you want.

3. SilverJWii
    OP

SilverJWii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    Thank you! I was able to update to 4.1 with a new skin and priiloader.

im now interested in custom skins, I found a skin full of custom skins. it looks very a trustworthy site.

is it safe to overwrite the skin i have now to install a new one?

4. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Do not download skins through the HBC; do not remove them through the HBC. Do it all through your computer. Just google where you can get skins and put them on your SD card in your computer that way. I got a permanent black screen on my Wii because I did this. :(