OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using the version 1 method for downloading Rock Band DLC and putting it on my SD Card.

As I play songs, they keep re-downloading onto the Wii Memory, filling up all 1200 blocks of free space. After the DLC fills up the system memory, it says that in order to save I need to delete data to make enough space on the Wii System Memory, and I lose my save file for Rock Band 2 at this point.

Help?

RanmaFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if any more information is needed, I'd be glad to provide it. I'm not quite sure what I need to provide to begin with. I just would like to fix the problem so I can play Rock Band 2 with my Aunt. Any input is helpful.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
LOL i had the same problem and lost all my world tour data and its shitty so im done with the dlc till the wads come out.

RanmaFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, the only thing I'm losing is my Save Data, as all the DLC stays on my SD Card. I play songs and they get put onto the Wii System Memory and fill up all that space, and don't get deleted after playing them. The only way to prevent losing my save file is to exit the game after every few DLC songs are played and delete the data before it accumulates the the point where I am unable to save the game, and this is a hassle.

shseeley127

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i have this same problem.. all i do is make sure everything is copied to my sd card (the rb2 dlc save file(s)) then delete only the rb2 dlc save file from the wii.. it seems for whatever reason rb2 is stupid.... and doesnt delete it off of the wii after youve played the songs and shut the game off....thats what i do and it works ok for me. hope that helps

ps:ive been a long time reader here, this is my first post...hope to be of some help here... i dont sign up to many forums but yall have been great to read many times daily... so i had to sign up :} .. sorry if thats way off topic..just wanted to mention it.

Farmhousemedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, not sure if Rock Band is the same way...

But I know with GHWT I was having that issue with the BACKUP copy all the time. The songs get transfered to the Wii's memory when you play them, but they weren't deleting themselves off the memory after playing them. Same issue, Wii memory would fill up and I'd have to delete the data.

HOWEVER...

When I use the RETAIL version of the game, that doesn't happen. All the DLC copys and deletes fine. So, I'm not sure if anyone can confirm that Rock Band 2 is the same way or not, but it probably IS.

In which case, if you plan on using a ton of DLC, it might be time to just bite the bullet and buy a retail copy of the game so you can use the DLC.

RanmaFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I went out and bought a copy of the game, but the DLC doesn't work when I try to launch the game through the official Disc Channel. I still need to boot the game through Gamma Loader 0.3 to get the DLC to work. Otherwise I get the "Out of Date" error when trying to load DLC. Also, even using a Legit copy of the game I'm getting the same problem as before where the DLC stays on the system memory.

I'm itching for a Rock Band Marathon, and having to back out to the Wii Menu to delete data every 4 songs makes playing the game just annoying. I know I shouldn't complain, as I didn't pay for the DLC, but I still am hoping to get this problem fixed.

Has anyone NOT been getting this error? and if so, what settings is your Wii on and what are you using to boot it? And what programs and exploits do you have installed to your Wii?

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
RanmaFreak said:
I went out and bought a copy of the game, but the DLC doesn't work when I try to launch the game through the official Disc Channel. I still need to boot the game through Gamma Loader 0.3 to get the DLC to work. Otherwise I get the "Out of Date" error when trying to load DLC. Also, even using a Legit copy of the game I'm getting the same problem as before where the DLC stays on the system memory.

I'm itching for a Rock Band Marathon, and having to back out to the Wii Menu to delete data every 4 songs makes playing the game just annoying. I know I shouldn't complain, as I didn't pay for the DLC, but I still am hoping to get this problem fixed.

Has anyone NOT been getting this error? and if so, what settings is your Wii on and what are you using to boot it? And what programs and exploits do you have installed to your Wii?

I do have this error running the game through Configurable USB Loader on IOS 249 and cIOS rev 12 on system menu 3.2U and i have not tried on IOS 223 but id assume the same problem.

RanmaFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok... I finally managed to get it working properly and in case other people are having this problem I'll post what I had to.

All that I needed to do was to use an official Rock Band 2 disc through the Disc Channel, and Re-Download all the data that I had previously while using an official disc. It was as simple as that. If that doesn't work, here are my specs.

SM 4.1U (Trucha Patched)
cIOSCORP Installed
RawkSDPatcher Installed
Version 1 Exploit used to download DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: