Hacking RawkSD

angruss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
It's not the sorting, it's a completely different audio format.

I was using unencrypted OGGs and it seemed to cause the crash. Since this is GBAtemp, I'll admit that even though I own the Beatles Disc, I used FOF imports.

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm, it just takes a while, now i get this...

RawkSD started at 8/13/2010 2:36:39 PM
RiiFS C# Server is now ready for connections on 0.0.0.0:3767
RiiFS C# Server is now ready for connections on 0.0.0.0:3769
[8/13/2010 2:42:47 PM] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[8/13/2010 2:42:47 PM] at e5.a(ep A_0, cm A_1, Boolean A_2)

[8/13/2010 2:42:47 PM] at e5.a(f3 A_0, bn A_1)

[8/13/2010 2:42:47 PM] at ew.a(ah A_0, f3 A_1, bn A_2)

[8/13/2010 2:42:47 PM] at gu.a.a(bn A_0)

[8/13/2010 2:42:47 PM] at fr.b()
[8/13/2010 2:45:57 PM] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[8/13/2010 2:45:57 PM] at e5.a(ep A_0, cm A_1, Boolean A_2)

[8/13/2010 2:45:57 PM] at e5.a(f3 A_0, bn A_1)

[8/13/2010 2:45:57 PM] at ew.a(ah A_0, f3 A_1, bn A_2)

[8/13/2010 2:45:57 PM] at gu.a.a(bn A_0)

[8/13/2010 2:45:57 PM] at fr.b()
RiiFS C# Server is now ready for connections on 0.0.0.0:3816

i opened the sdcard first, idk what ekse to do...?

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, was this intentional, or does RB2 just search for like tags and automatically make up new DLC challenges?
gh5inrb2001.jpg

gh5inrb2003.jpg

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Huge screenshots deserve a spoiler tag please.
But how else can we see the individual RGB plots on his TV?

RB2 relies heavily on the artist and pack tags. It will create groups/playlists automatically, including challenges, which are created for any artist/group with more than three songs.

You'll also note that playing a song by an artist who has been assigned a unique song loading/tip screen will cue such screens (e.g. playing a Red Hot Chili Peppers custom prompts one of the many RHCP-exclusive loading messages). This is especially interesting (or confusing) if your song is by an artist who does not appear on the RB2 disc (most RB1 artists and a few miscellaneous extras).

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have tried everything, i can get v3 pc app to do EVERYTHING but put songs on my sd card. i can take songs off it, install songs locally, open the sd card, install songs on it locally if i change the path to H: but that does me no good. i converted 34 buckethead songs but cannot put them on my sd card no matter what.

any ideas? am i the only one with this problem?

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have noticed too that RB2 will all the loading info to Rawk imports. Pretty seamless.

Interesting to see how RB3 will handle these...

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for that spreadsheet, I am sure it took some time to make.

I know this is an opinionated questions, but what are the GH3 ONLY tracks that are worth importing?

So far I have:
Poison - Talk Dirty To Me
GnR - Welcome to the Jungle

Thanks!

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fubka said:
I know this is an opinionated questions, but what are the GH3 ONLY tracks that are worth importing?
As one of the folks who thoroughly appreciated GH1, GH2, and GH3, I would argue that every song on the GH3 disc is worth importing, except perhaps TTFAF. If you only want exclusives... pretty much everything on the bonus setlist and unlockable in Co-Op career is exclusive, and awesome.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
fubka said:
I know this is an opinionated questions, but what are the GH3 ONLY tracks that are worth importing?As one of the folks who thoroughly appreciated GH1, GH2, and GH3, I would argue that every song on the GH3 disc is worth importing, except perhaps TTFAF. If you only want exclusives... pretty much everything on the bonus setlist and unlockable in Co-Op career is exclusive, and awesome.

Yeah this. And maybe if you're a drummer most of the time you'll stick off the crazy-double-bass songs.

QUOTE(grrkodiak @ Aug 14 2010, 10:30 PM)
Would Guitar Hero 3 PS3 guitar work with Wii RB2

I think someone tried this and it was a no; it could be fixed but I'm not exactly positive about PS3 GH guitars.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
angruss said:
tueidj said:
It's not the sorting, it's a completely different audio format.

I was using unencrypted OGGs and it seemed to cause the crash. Since this is GBAtemp, I'll admit that even though I own the Beatles Disc, I used FOF imports.

.ogg =/= .mogg. mogg's ripped from the 360 discs aren't supported (although if you remove the mogg header it might work...)

thatguyinthatpla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First post, so here goes. I'm having a couple problems. Number 1, I ripped some L:RB songs off an image file, installed them with the RawkSD Wii app from version 2.01 and when I try to play them on a legit RB2 disc, RB gives me a message saying that my songs are "out of date."

Alright number 2, I deleted the RB1 disc rip from the Wii app and tried to rip it again. But for some odd reason when the app tries to look for a SD card to rip to, it is unable to find one. I am sure this is the case because my SD card still has about 2 gigs of space left. I did use this SD card to put some Xbox 360 stuff in there and the Xbox did have to reformat it, but I made sure to reformat it on my computer before putting it into the Wii (hope that little bit of info helped).

If anyone has an answer to any of these questions, please do not hesitate to answer.

Gohan3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't use an SDHC card first of all, it has to be a regular SD card (typically only stores up to 2gb)

second the out of date error is due to the newest IOS37 not being compatible with Rawk 2.0's wii app.

The way I get around this is to put the SD files from rawk SD pc onto the card, use the rawkSD patcher (if you don't do this you will get an error) then use the RAwk SD installer app to install the customs.

After this is done you will have to get DOP-Mii (homebrew app, if you can't find it anywhere, pull it out of this link but delete everything other than the DOP-Mii folder in the apps folder)

Put DOP-Mii in the apps folder on your SD card, run it as a homebrew app and do the following:

1. Choose an IOS that can fakesign (249 usually works, if not, use syscheck to find one that can) and press A

2. Choose IOS, Bios.. or whatever the first option is

3. Change to IOS 37, select a version that starts with 3 (3609 i think is what i used), press + and then to install it and say yes to all the patches

after that, it should work. also, dont' mess around with DOP-Mii, if you screw it up, you could Brick your wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to