Hacking RawkSD

wii55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bpc908 said:
RawkSD 3.00 beta works with RBA FILES!!!! WOOT!!!!!

Sorry to be a noob, what are RBA files? Do you extract them from ISO, WAD, Disc or are these all RBNetwork files not originally from Wii console?

bpc908

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii55 said:
bpc908 said:
RawkSD 3.00 beta works with RBA FILES!!!! WOOT!!!!!

Sorry to be a noob, what are RBA files? Do you extract them from ISO, WAD, Disc or are these all RBNetwork files not originally from Wii console?
Rock Band Network Audition Files

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a few questions sorry about being a dick eariler.

so a burned copy of rock band 2 does not work with rawk sd 3

also if i download legit dlc with a sd card can i move it to an shdc so it can load it or is that not possbile?

Venndettta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:

also if i download legit dlc with a sd card can i move it to an shdc so it can load it or is that not possbile?

Get an official disc. The developers aren't very fond of pirating and have taken measure to prevent it.

DLC moved between SD(HC) cards will still work.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Venndettta said:
DJPlace said:

Get an official disc. The developers aren't very fond of pirating and have taken measure to prevent it.

The devs have done nothing to "prevent" piracy; the app is based in Riivolution, which requires a clean (non-patched, non-fakesigning) IOS37. If other "programmers" can write a method of backup loading that doesn't depend on half-assed IOS workarounds, then it would work. But short answer, only retail discs work with Rawk v3.

Downloaded DLC files which you've purchased can be put on the SDHC card, HDD, or in the RiiFS folder you're using for customs and the game will read them as well. You could put illegitimate DLC in there too, it just won't show up or be playable.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
Venndettta said:
DJPlace said:

The devs have done nothing to "prevent" piracy; the app is based in Riivolution, which requires a clean (non-patched, non-fakesigning) IOS37. If other "programmers" can write a method of backup loading that doesn't depend on half-assed IOS workarounds, then it would work. But short answer, only retail discs work with Rawk v3.

Downloaded DLC files which you've purchased can be put on the SDHC card, HDD, or in the RiiFS folder you're using for customs and the game will read them as well. You could put illegitimate DLC in there too, it just won't show up or be playable.

that's what i wanted to know tyvm.

calthephenom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, if i didn't do the Beta, the Private Beta won't work?
side note: aaron, have children with claudio sanchez to create the most genetically perfect children the world has ever seen.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
calthephenom said:
side note: aaron, have children with claudio sanchez to create the most genetically perfect children the world has ever seen.
Claudio's unnaturally high voice should be a clear indicator that he's not going to be making babies any time soon.

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Szalkow said:
that doesn't explain backups not working if a modchip is used, though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?