Hacking RawkSD

burnedsmarties

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyting work fine with my dlc of guitar hero 5 but the sound is not really good. It's like too much reverb in the sound of the drum and sometime the voice. You give love a bad name is horrible. When i play an original RB2 songs everything is fine. Same problem with gutar hero SmashHits.

Anyone have the same problem ?

Mirio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys! Thanks for releasing the new rawksd with GHWT song import, but i got a problem by running some GH Metallica songs. When i try play Master of Puppets then te game freeze on loading. That happens on any instrument. Fix that in the new RawkSD release.

Sorry for my bad english.

Profezza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RawkSD developers users are the most likely to know this:

How can I make a disc image of Rock Band 2 disc with new songs inserted into the image?

This would be like the many GH custom discs around, only RB instead. The reasons are not having to save the song's keys, faster startup than with songs on SD, and increased storage area.

Is something called arktool needed for this? Has anyone tried it?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Profezza said:

How can I make a disc image of Rock Band 2 disc with new songs inserted into the image?

This would be like the many GH custom discs around, only RB instead. The reasons are not having to save the song's keys, faster startup than with songs on SD, and increased storage area.

It would be much easier to just have custom DLC instead of trying to put the customs on the disc especially if u have songs that give you trouble. This way you don't have to keep burning discs.

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Profezza said:

If you searched the forum you would have found it; however, I'm not going to bother search for the topic for you but it was a topic started by "Mrkinator" on Rock Band Customs Disc which explains it in greater detail.

Profezza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honeypa said:
Profezza said:

If you searched the forum you would have found it; however, I'm not going to bother search for the topic for you but it was a topic started by "Mrkinator" on Rock Band Customs Disc which explains it in greater detail.

I have searched, here and elsewebs. I actually read that article before. I don't assume that what works in one piece of software works in another, even if they are similar, but that is what gave me the idea. I will try doing a RB2 custom from that, but if someone else had already, it seemed silly not to consider their experience.

alexparreiras

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been trying to see if someone answers me but it doesnt seem like it so can someone tell me a way to get rb to stop freezing when its LOADING DOWNLOADED CONTENT???? PLz im really annoyed about it and i wanna play some rb!

dow jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a SD card about 90% full of RBDLC and I want to now import GH tracks. Is there a way to copy the RBDLC that I have downloaded off my SD card to make room for the GHWT tracks so that I don't have to download the RBDLC all over again.

Bluee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replayed the Tool drum tracks with the 2.01 update... the out of sync stuff seems to be fixed for the most part. Volume is still low of course and the tiers aren't right, but I imagine those fixes are in order.

dow jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mat03111984 said:
ccfman2004 said:
mat03111984 said:
ye maybe, its not bad. but its only 2gb ram windows 7 32 bit, 1.7GHz duelcore

It still should not take hours, even with those specs.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe your hard drive is either low on free space or heavily fragmented.

its only all the gh, the rock band rip in minutes. i dont really know whats wrong but i dont mind. i started the world tour one when i put my first post out 3 hours ago, and its about 50% done now lol.

I have the same issue. rock band ac/dc imported in a minute, GH5 started an hour ago and only 20% imported now.
AMD athlon 64 X2 4200, 2 gigs ram, 30 gigs free. Strange, CPU is at 55% utilization. Also importing from an ISO.

Edit #2, I also tried making a copy of the SD card and moved that to my HD and am importing that way as I read in the beginning of the thread that might be a faster way, so far it hasn't helped.

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program is awesome. I have imported Guitar Hero 1, 3, 5, WT, SH, Aerosmith, & Metallica. I can't get all of Guitar Hero 2 to inport when useing the PS2 disc. I have tryed 3 copys so I know it is not the disc. So I hope RAWKSD 2.2 gets some of the bugs out.

If someone knows how to fix this or has had the same problem let me know.

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying to install rawsd and haven't no luck at all . I've patched ios37 but ever time i try and install rawds i get this error "an error occurred while installing customs"

burnedsmarties

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
broksonic said:
I am trying to install rawsd and haven't no luck at all . I've patched ios37 but ever time i try and install rawds i get this error "an error occurred while installing customs"

maybe you're wyser than me, but i had a similar problem ... in the previous version of RAWK you had to put you're SD card in your wii the create he folder first. Now, you don't have to do that. Put it in your computer and it will create the folder.

I had the same error because i didn't transfer the file first. So an empty SD carte = an error occurred while installing customs.

Now it's working but the sound is not good at all, too much reverb in it. When i play orginal RB2 songs everything is ok, but not imported songs like You give love a bad name (GH5) ....

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont think this is going to work for me. Because now i can't even dump a disk all i keep getting is "Can't find disk error" I obviously have a disk in the drive. Which i got from blockbuster is the original copy of guitar hero rock legends. I want to import these songs because my rock band guitar wont work

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how in the hell do you patch ios37? i have tried that with rawksd installer... and it says it does not do shit PLEASE SOMEONE GOD DAMN FUCKING HELP ME!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1