Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thc42O said:
tueidj said:
thc42O said:
is it possible to make this able to import LEGALLY OWNED DLC , I recently needed to clear up room on my SD card and i used the DLC manager GUI application i found on the net, however when i put my DLC back on the sd card with it, it doesnt show in game anymore
frown.gif
Please add functionality of import from .bin files as i find this tool superior to the one im using for legit dlc MOSTLY because it actually friggen works. if i put a custom on with it, it shows in the list. if i put a legally owned DLC on with DLC manager, it doesnt fucking show up.......ive been at this for about 5 days and im getting frustrated.

PS - Yes the ticket for DLC is shown in ATD and i am on 4.1u
wink.gif
Nice try. After 5 days I think you surely would have tried redownloading the songs from the music store?

well, thats obviously what i tried to do, however i bought all my DLC b4 softmodding, i was on 3.2 throughout the entire Purchase of dlc + softmod. after softmod i didnt want to update, i obviously tried to redownload them when Shop channel presented me with a "update your wii" message and could not continue. I tried using WIISCU to update the shop channel (which was a bad idea since now shop channel just reboots system menu.) SO I can see how yes ude think theres something fishy here.
Either make .bins supported OR help me fix my shop channel and ill be eternally greatful.
Give up already. DLC isn't downloaded through the shop channel, it is only accessed using the music store in the game. It doesn't matter if the shop channel is out-of-date.

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
kid sampson said:
For lack of a better storage solution, is anyone using the 4 GB SD hack trick with this? Just wondering before I purchase another standard SD card. I'm impressed that more than 100 songs fit on my 2 GB card, so I wouldn't have a need for anything larger than the 4 GB.
i am, with no issues at all.
I agree that it works. I just bought this card:
Newegg

The one issue I had was that I had to reformat the card to FAT (not FAT32) in order for RB2 to like it. The Wii was fine with FAT32, but RB2 threw an error.

Also, Windows XP didn't give me the option of FAT, so I used the command line:
format f: /FS:FAT

EDIT: I might have declared victory too soon. I only had a few songs on the card when it worked, and now that I've loaded it, it's saying "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used."

Tzvi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dbzdude said:
I got my gh3 customs to show up on rock band 2 but then when I try to play a song it shows this: (GH3) School's Out cannot be restored to the wii system memory" I am using softchip r99 with IOS37 dip as IOS232. I need help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am replying to your post in hopes you will STFU.

Check out how much free memory you have on the Wii. If there isn't enough room on the Wii, then it can't transfer the song.

Also, remember that some people on this board have a life and can't check it every hour. This is my first time out here since you posted question. So just calm down already.

--Tzvi

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
titiln said:
i dunno if this was suggested (or implemented and i missed it) because it's really really trivial but some rb1 songs could use a couple tag changes (might want to compare to the imported 360 or ps3 versions to see if i'm right)

stuff like:
- learn to fly's genre is rock, but all the other foo fighters songs in rb2 are "alternative"
- in bloom's genre is rock, while all the other nevermind songs are grunge
- vasoline's genre is alternative while interstate love song is rock
- say it ain't so's album tag is WEEZER but buddy holly's album tag is WEEZER (THE BLUE ALBUM)

there's a pretty good chance i'm wrong about the genre tags because all the offspring dlc i have has varying genres even though some are in the same album. it's no big deal but i just want to see this thing come closer to perfection.

If you want to verify any of the imported information, you can always cross-reference it with what is on the RB website. They have a database of all the songs with their genre, album, ratings, and other information attached. For corrections, it's a quick copy and paste. I did some from there myself.

And thanks for the response about the 4 GB cards. Ordering one tonight from the Newegg link.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kid sampson said:
And is the entire 4 GB usable? Meaning will ALL of that data in-game, or just 2 GB worth?
all 4 gig, sometimes you just have to fool it with a 2 gig card first, but it will access all 4 gig worth of songs in game.

QUOTE(Herg @ Jul 18 2009, 04:57 PM) EDIT: I might have declared victory too soon. I only had a few songs on the card when it worked, and now that I've loaded it, it's saying "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used."
keep that old 2 gig handy, boot the game with it in there, and then swap the cards, it's a hassle, but it works.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OncleJulien said:
kid sampson said:
And is the entire 4 GB usable? Meaning will ALL of that data in-game, or just 2 GB worth?
all 4 gig, sometimes you just have to fool it with a 2 gig card first, but it will access all 4 gig worth of songs in game.

QUOTE(Herg @ Jul 18 2009, 04:57 PM) EDIT: I might have declared victory too soon. I only had a few songs on the card when it worked, and now that I've loaded it, it's saying "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used."
keep that old 2 gig handy, boot the game with it in there, and then swap the cards, it's a hassle, but it works.
Or try formatting the SD card with the SDFormatter program being sure to change the default options of Format Type to full(erase off) and Format Size Adjustment to on. I believe the program formats it to FAT32 but I can't be absolutely sure right now. This SDFormatter program is located here: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html. Also, for those that don't know yet, the 4GB SD hack is described here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199730. You basically have to always have 1.99 GB or less free space available on the card for this trick to work and padding with dummy files as necessary.

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
You're right on both counts. It does work when I boot with the 2GB card, then swap the 4GB in, and it certainly is a hassle.

Thanks for the tip.

EDIT:
QUOTE(Dent @ Jul 18 2009, 10:51 PM) Or try formatting the SD card with the SDFormatter program being sure to change the default options of Format Type to full(erase off) and Format Size Adjustment to on.
Aha! I had read stuff about needing to pad above 2GB, but didn't realize there was a special formatter. It makes sense now. I'm trying it as we speak.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity what is the file name on the disc of the SD Driver?
Where is it located?

I hope that Harmonix or another company releases a Wii game that uses IOS37 and uses SDHC cards.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
thc42O said:
tueidj said:
thc42O said:
is it possible to make this able to import LEGALLY OWNED DLC , I recently needed to clear up room on my SD card and i used the DLC manager GUI application i found on the net, however when i put my DLC back on the sd card with it, it doesnt show in game anymore
frown.gif
Please add functionality of import from .bin files as i find this tool superior to the one im using for legit dlc MOSTLY because it actually friggen works. if i put a custom on with it, it shows in the list. if i put a legally owned DLC on with DLC manager, it doesnt fucking show up.......ive been at this for about 5 days and im getting frustrated.

PS - Yes the ticket for DLC is shown in ATD and i am on 4.1u
wink.gif
Nice try. After 5 days I think you surely would have tried redownloading the songs from the music store?

well, thats obviously what i tried to do, however i bought all my DLC b4 softmodding, i was on 3.2 throughout the entire Purchase of dlc + softmod. after softmod i didnt want to update, i obviously tried to redownload them when Shop channel presented me with a "update your wii" message and could not continue. I tried using WIISCU to update the shop channel (which was a bad idea since now shop channel just reboots system menu.) SO I can see how yes ude think theres something fishy here.
Either make .bins supported OR help me fix my shop channel and ill be eternally greatful.
Give up already. DLC isn't downloaded through the shop channel, it is only accessed using the music store in the game. It doesn't matter if the shop channel is out-of-date.

For one, ur an idiot. and yes it DOES matter if ur shop channel doesnt work. RB2 will say "go turn on ur fucking shop channel" and for 2 i fixed it thanks to someone on here that isnt a dick head. so BAI im goin 2 enjoy my library of DLC

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It only says that if you've never been in the wii shop channel before. Since you claim to have previously downloaded DLC I don't see why you suddenly wouldn't be able to access the music store - my wii still has the old shop channel from 3.2 installed (because I haven't bothered updating it) and the music store works just fine.
(Of course I wouldn't seriously help you, considering the shit you posted in the old thread.)

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ccfman2004 said:
Where is it located?

I hope that Harmonix or another company releases a Wii game that uses IOS37 and uses SDHC cards.
cntsdrso_s.rso is the SD shared library. It's in the root directory of the disc.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
ccfman2004 said:
Where is it located?

cntsdrso_s.rso is the SD shared library. It's in the root directory of the disc.

That's what I thought, I just wanted to confirm.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i hope it does=/ Or illjust wait for the nand emulator=D
.Hey tueidj are u gunna have a program to install customs to nand when the nand emulator comes out. so we can have dlc on a usb drive.=D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious