Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
rawk.png

Rock Band 2 Wii Custom SD DLC​

IRC Channel: #RawkSD on EFnet (Join us on Mibbit)

RawkSD is brought to you by Aaron "AerialX", tueidj, and Mrkinator.​
Download RawkSD v2.02 (September 4th, 2009)

Installation and Usage Guide
RawkSD allows you to install custom songs as DLC onto an SD card, to be played on Rock Band 2.
It also allows you to importing songs from all Rock Band and Guitar Hero games. Read the guide for more information.
It supports everything up to the most updated Wii, though you must run the included patcher before using it.

A good website to gather custom songs from is ScoreHero (or Rock Band ScoreHero).

For those who use customs/exports, don't forget to add your RB2 Friend Code to our list!

NOTE: RawkSD does not work when Rock Band 2 is loaded with recent cIOS releases, which means no backup or USB/SD loaders. Use an original disc.

Special thanks goes out to nanook and GameZelda for their work on Guitar Hero hacking!

Reactions: Alexander1970

parrurreichon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ZOMG great work guys !!

thanks from Mexico.

today is a day in which a shark and a gorilla will high five in your honor
biggrin.gif

adding fc to the rawksd list

parrurreichon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hmm one question , does this release of rawksd marks every song in the rockband store as purchased :/ ? , i dont want my sister to think that i purchased songs i dont and download any, only to be banned or lose my purchases :/

locustlx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this may sound a bit noobish...but how may i attempt to install cIOScorp37 on a 4.0u wii, considering the fact that cIOScorp only works on systemmenu 3.2

I've heard that cIOScorp v1 works on 4.0 but should i risk it...what should I do?

Also: great work on this guys...can't wait to convert my guitar hero:311 game into a rock band 2 custom (song 1 done)

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Nooo! I don't have room for RB1 and the two track packs. >_< Guess it's time for me to get a 4GB (non-SDHC) SD card.

Awesome work guys! I'm just about ready to try it. I'll update when I do.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Tried some imported RB1 songs and they work great.
biggrin.gif

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Um... It's taking about 8 minutes to install each song to the SD card. Is it supposed to take that long?

Because at this rate it's going to take about 11 hours to install 1.5 GB of RB songs.

EDIT: Thanks AerialX, that worked fine.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Robotic Earthling said:
Um... It's taking about 8 minutes to install each song to the SD card. Is it supposed to take that long?

Because at this rate it's going to take about 11 hours to install 1.5 GB of RB songs.
A lot of people seem to be having SD write speed problems... A temporary solution is to copy your SD card folders over to your hard drive, select that folder for the SD card, and install it. Then copy them back. This goes way faster.

I'm working on speeding it up, we'll see if I can release a fix soon.

lyoozero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
AerialX said:
Robotic Earthling said:

A lot of people seem to be having SD write speed problems... A temporary solution is to copy your SD card folders over to your hard drive, select that folder for the SD card, and install it. Then copy them back. This goes way faster.

I'm working on speeding it up, we'll see if I can release a fix soon.
Can't we just select a folder on the hard drive and them copy the flies to the SD?

lyoozero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried do play a custom, but it didn't work. Right when the game loaded, you know when the game shows the character you are using, I heard the same when you complete a star, and when the song started there were 3 gold stars... I was like WTH!? The song was playing but notes weren't coming, and about 7 seconds later, the game froze.
Also I just finished recording my Thunderstruck sightread, and I'll be uploading it soon.
And by the way, the GUI for the installer is AWESOME.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end