Hardware Rather scathing piece by Polygon: Switch is in beta

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Polygon's "review" is a *clinic* in petulant, entitled, whiny writing. Nothing more.

I assure you, had Nintendo given them "exclusive inside info" about what they are doing as opposed to treating them just like everyone else (you will find out when we are ready) the tone would have been different.
Tech writers are *notorious* for a ridiculous sense of self-importance...I run into these people in the Valley often. The believe they are (heh) "tastemakers"...you can't tell them "not now" or they react as you see.

People that know what's up see it for what it is. People with anxieties use it as a confirmation bias :)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At ign they said this connection problems only occur if you play in handheld mode and change to tv mode, because the joycons reduce the signal strength in handheld mode and after changing in TV mode they still send with less power. Pairing the joycons again in TV mode solves the problem as workaround. If this is right this is really no big issue and just a little software bug, which will be patched very soon.
So as I assumed it will likely be patched either day one or shortly after.
Edit: I said LIKELY, not will. There is no guarantee yet that it is just a software bug. Don't go shooting me down thinking I said WILL DEFINITELY when I didn't

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here