Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
Nathan Drake said:
It is four discs. My brother masqueraded off today with the only copy of the game that was around here. I mean, it is his. I at least have a multi-disc EBOOT that is running flawlessly on my PSP to make up for it, though I do want to get my own copy at some point.

What did you do to fix it? My eboot keeps freezing on me
frown.gif
Been trying to finish this game for over a decade, I'll be damned if I'm giving up now.

Have you tried using popsloader?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
emigre said:
Blaze163 said:
Nathan Drake said:
It is four discs. My brother masqueraded off today with the only copy of the game that was around here. I mean, it is his. I at least have a multi-disc EBOOT that is running flawlessly on my PSP to make up for it, though I do want to get my own copy at some point.

frown.gif
Been trying to finish this game for over a decade, I'll be damned if I'm giving up now.

Tried the most up to date version using every possible combination to get through various glitches, and the damn thing still gives me black screens, lock-ups and glitches. It's normally not that bad, playable at least, but when I lost over an hour of progress when it froze during a boss battle I was mere seconds away from winning I was rather irritated to say the least. Wouldn't mind getting my claws on the actual disks again, but they're rarer than a dancing solid gold monkey in the PAL format, and even if I did track down a copy there's no way to know if it works and therefore justifies such a heavy investment.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
ars25 said:
Blaze163 said:
- Crisis Core, oddly enough a Region 3 import so I can't ever sell it, even though it's in English and works on any system
glare.gif
what is region 3 import may i ask?

Region 3 is Asia if memory serves. China, that sort of vicinity. It's an official game, everything where it should be, all in English, even the manual. Works perfectly. I just can't sell it because nowhere around here accepts imports. I've finished it a few times but since I'm stuck with it I might finish it again one day. If nothing else it's good to have the material available when I'm writing my FF7 fanfic about what might have happened if the Nibelhiem incident had gone just a tiny bit differently.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
emigre said:
Blaze163 said:
Nathan Drake said:

frown.gif

Tried the most up to date version using every possible combination to get through various glitches, and the damn thing still gives me black screens, lock-ups and glitches. It's normally not that bad, playable at least, but when I lost over an hour of progress when it froze during a boss battle I was mere seconds away from winning I was rather irritated to say the least. Wouldn't mind getting my claws on the actual disks again, but they're rarer than a dancing solid gold monkey in the PAL format, and even if I did track down a copy there's no way to know if it works and therefore justifies such a heavy investment.

If you're willing to make the softmod journey, you could always update to 6.20 PRO-B8, and get a popsloader pack. I found on 5.50 popsloader, as well as 4.01 popsloader, slowdown and errors aren't a problem (I have to use 4.01 for Dragon Warrior VII, so I just left it that way). Did you get a pre-made EBOOT, or make it yourself? I have made all of my EBOOT's myself except for the Dragon Warrior VII one, as finding the two discs in a convertible format was impossible. I have had a chance to thoroughly go through each of my self made EBOOT's, and they have worked flawlessly.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
emigre said:
Blaze163 said:
Nathan Drake said:

frown.gif

Just checked here and it looks like it should work. What firmware/pops combination are you using or the problem could be the eboot itself.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
Blaze163 said:
emigre said:
Blaze163 said:
Nathan Drake said:

frown.gif

If you're willing to make the softmod journey, you could always update to 6.20 PRO-B8, and get a popsloader pack. I found on 5.50 popsloader, as well as 4.01 popsloader, slowdown and errors aren't a problem (I have to use 4.01 for Dragon Warrior VII, so I just left it that way). Did you get a pre-made EBOOT, or make it yourself? I have made all of my EBOOT's myself except for the Dragon Warrior VII one, as finding the two discs in a convertible format was impossible. I have had a chance to thoroughly go through each of my self made EBOOT's, and they have worked flawlessly.

Downloaded a premade one, was faster than downloading the 4 disks ISO files and creating one personally. The disks are so rare I'll probably never see them again unless I win big in the lottery or something so I'll just make the best of what I've got. As for my firmware I'm on Prome-4, and it never gives me any issues with PSP games, it's just the occasional PS1 eboot that whores it up, and that's probably more because I download pre-made ones than take the time to sort it myself.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
emigre said:
Blaze163 said:
emigre said:
Blaze163 said:
Nathan Drake said:

frown.gif

Just checked here and it looks like it should work. What firmware/pops combination are you using or the problem could be the eboot itself.

Ugh, that list is annoying. I ended up just having to play with popsloader to find the best version for Dragon Warrior VII, as most of the D section, as well as many other parts of the list, are totally broken.

It's your premade EBOOT's for sure then. The game should work flawlessly on 5.50 Prome-4. And actually, the EBOOT doesn't compress that much. You might save a whole six minutes downloading the EBOOT straight vs getting the ISO's and doing it yourself.

Bree500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
I see nothing but sonic and pokemon
4/10

Ha Ha. This is too funny to even respond.

I personally have never played pokemon. But if you like it, then i would rate your collection 10 out of 10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ