Raspberry Pi - Anyone own one?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by kristianity77, Feb 14, 2013.

1. kristianity77
    OP

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    Ive been keeping an eye on these for a while now and Im thinking about getting one. Ive seen that a proper release of XBMC has now been made available for it which really appeals to me. I dont have any media player or streamer under the TV so im liking the idea of this.

What I also wanted to know from anyone who might own one, is how do emulators play? If this thing could run NES, SNES, Megadrive etc perfectly, then I think i would have to get one seeing as they are so cheap

2. Sop

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    im guessing it will run nes and snes fairly well. you might be better off getting one of those android sticks though, they seem cheaper/more value. the pi was intended to teach programming in schools, so it isn't really built with the latest technology, so I dont see n64 running on it, snes and nes should be fine though, oh, and megadrive :P

3. Mr. Waffle

Mr. Waffle A Free Waffle

Jul 2, 2008
    Netherlands
    I have one, though don't use it very often anymore. It runs XBMC fairly well (it did 4 months ago when I tried it, should run even better now ;) ) You have to be careful with your sound codecs though. Might want to get a receiver / TV that supports everything, so the Pi can just passthrough everything, reducing lag.

For emulation, look here:
    http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=78

4. The Milkman

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Throwing milk at the bitches!
    I actual am cutting out a DVD case, and fitting a small LCD screen in it with a USB battery and a mini-keyboard. Im going to see if I can make sort ofa Netbook with it since my Laptop is too big to carry with me everywhere.