ROM Hack Randomization problem with Pk3ds

VenomSWR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys ! So, I've had a small problem with Pk3ds lately, I tried searching here and on Google and everywhere I could find an answer, and.... I've had no luck. So I'm trying here as a last resort.

So, here's the deal. I have a Omega Ruby cartridge, and I wanted to randomize it without touching the cartridge. So, I'm dumping the cartridge, randomizing it, rebuilding it as a .cia and installing it on my console (N3DS 11.7 w/ b9s & Luma 9.something, can't remember which one exactly, but I updated it like 2 months ago). Problem is : CRO-related things won't change. Starters, static encounters and things like that don't change, like, ever.

So, here's what I tried. I tried dumping it as CIA and modifying it (since GM9 dumps and decrypts it, pk3ds won't read anything). Dumping it as a .3ds works. So, I decrypted/extracted it, copy/pasted it (the whole thing) into a special folder, modified it with pk3ds, then rebuild it as a CIA. CRO didn't change. Tried again copy-pasting just ExtractedExeFs and ExtractedRomFs folders to modify them, then replacing the original files by the modified ones, and replacing the code.bin by the .code.bin. Nothing changed. I tried many more things, but I don't see anything changing, and I'd better try and avoid using the LayeredFs way, as I'd love to use both my cartridge and the CIA version to play different versions of the same game.

So, am I doing something wrong ? Is there a way to make things right ? I've really searched everything on the Internet (as well as I could), but I found nothing. So, thanks for your answers guys !

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Hey guys ! So, I've had a small problem with Pk3ds lately, I tried searching here and on Google and everywhere I could find an answer, and.... I've had no luck. So I'm trying here as a last resort.

So, here's the deal. I have a Omega Ruby cartridge, and I wanted to randomize it without touching the cartridge. So, I'm dumping the cartridge, randomizing it, rebuilding it as a .cia and installing it on my console (N3DS 11.7 w/ b9s & Luma 9.something, can't remember which one exactly, but I updated it like 2 months ago). Problem is : CRO-related things won't change. Starters, static encounters and things like that don't change, like, ever.

So, here's what I tried. I tried dumping it as CIA and modifying it (since GM9 dumps and decrypts it, pk3ds won't read anything). Dumping it as a .3ds works. So, I decrypted/extracted it, copy/pasted it (the whole thing) into a special folder, modified it with pk3ds, then rebuild it as a CIA. CRO didn't change. Tried again copy-pasting just ExtractedExeFs and ExtractedRomFs folders to modify them, then replacing the original files by the modified ones, and replacing the code.bin by the .code.bin. Nothing changed. I tried many more things, but I don't see anything changing, and I'd better try and avoid using the LayeredFs way, as I'd love to use both my cartridge and the CIA version to play different versions of the same game.

So, am I doing something wrong ? Is there a way to make things right ? I've really searched everything on the Internet (as well as I could), but I found nothing. So, thanks for your answers guys !
Not really sure how to help you, but here's a easy to use LayeredFS guide: https://zetadesigns.github.io/randomizing-layeredfs.html To switch from randomized and not you can use Lasagna: https://github.com/groowlithe/Lasagna/releases

VenomSWR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not really sure how to help you, but here's a easy to use LayeredFS guide: To switch from randomized and not you can use Lasagna

Yeah, but..... I'd need to switch my saves with Checkpoint, right ? Disable the randomizing, and then put the "normal" save back with Checkpoint and then play, right ? I'd rather have a .cia that I can launch without anything "more" to do before I play, so I don't mess up my shiny-filled save or anything

VenomSWR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone's got other idea ? I'll try the LayeredFS/Lasgna one but, once again, I'd rather use a CIA thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43