Hacking Random Stupid Crazy Idea Involving Nintendont

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...suppose you have two Wiis and two Wii Us. You bought the second of each as a backup in case one gets bricked.
Both original Wiis are backward-compatible with the Gamecube, and both Wii Us has been softmodded.
Since you have backups in case they break, you try a little something.

Have you ever wondered how people make reproduction cartridges?
What they do is they get a rewritable EEPROM and add a game to it.
Then, they unscrew another cartridge and replace the ROM chip with the EEPROM.
Now, suppose you did the same thing with these disc drives.
You take out the disc drive from the original Wii and replace the one from the Wii U with it.
What happens? My theory is it will allow you to play Gamecube discs through Nintendont, or hell, maybe you wouldn't even need a Gamecube loader.
Is it even possible to do this? If so, I'd love to see someone attempt it and see what happens.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So...suppose you have two Wiis and two Wii Us. You bought the second of each as a backup in case one gets bricked.
Both original Wiis are backward-compatible with the Gamecube, and both Wii Us has been softmodded.
Since you have backups in case they break, you try a little something.

Have you ever wondered how people make reproduction cartridges?
What they do is they get a rewritable EEPROM and add a game to it.
Then, they unscrew another cartridge and replace the ROM chip with the EEPROM.
Now, suppose you did the same thing with these disc drives.
You take out the disc drive from the original Wii and replace the one from the Wii U with it.
What happens? My theory is it will allow you to play Gamecube discs through Nintendont, or hell, maybe you wouldn't even need a Gamecube loader.
Is it even possible to do this? If so, I'd love to see someone attempt it and see what happens.
And lose Wii U games compatibility on the Wii U?
No thanks.
There's a reason why this hasn't been done, first of all it's hardware drives are not compatible between each other. The Wii U OS would need specific drivers to even recognize the Wii's drive, much less play Gamecube off of it.
Second, let's say you theoretically get the Wii's drive running by replacing the Wii U's drive, you are sacrificing Wii U games playback just to run GC games. Not a particularly good trade off, at all.

Third, the drives don't have the same connectors at all, nor the same pins. That alone kills it all.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And lose Wii U games compatibility on the Wii U?
No thanks.
There's a reason why this hasn't been done, first of all it's hardware drives are not compatible between each other. The Wii U OS would need specific drivers to even recognize the Wii's drive, much less play Gamecube off of it.
Second, let's say you theoretically get the Wii's drive running by replacing the Wii U's drive, you are sacrificing Wii U games playback just to run GC games. Not a particularly good trade off, at all.

Third, the drives don't have the same connectors at all, nor the same pins. That alone kills it all.
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, I did say it was stupid! *canned laughter*
The drives aren't compatible. Odd considering the Wii U is a souped-up Wii (which itself is a souped-up Gamecube), but OK.
Wii U games wouldn't work anymore. Everything will happen eventually, people will one day create a new drive that's compatible with all of Nintendo's discs (and possibly even regular DVDs)for the Wii U.
And finally, they don't have the same cord.
Wait, they don't have the same cord?
HOLYFRICKCRAPGODJEEZDANGSHOOTHOWFLIP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool