Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
My brother asked if I knew any decent racing games,
couldn't really think of any besides excite truck and thats getting abit old.

So are there any good racing games out there for the Wii?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i am not sure how do you feel for mario kart
smile.gif

in my opinion, its one of the better racing games for wii

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love the new f1 2009 game ! It takes a little getting used to, but when you master the controls it's brilliant ! (I used the Wiimote - Nunchuck method.)

I also like NFS Undercover and Mario Kart.

Ndzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Ah ofc Mario Kart, I suppose there isn't a whole lot of good racing games out there for the Wii.
Will give him a heads up on the other games listed as well, thanks.

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
WalkerOfTheDay said:
I love the new f1 2009 game ! It takes a little getting used to, but when you master the controls it's brilliant

It would be even better if it had online play.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
My current top 3 racers:
F1 2009 is the best 'simulation' attempt on the Wii, too bad it's without online play.
NFS: Nitro is lots of fun. I'm not a fan of NFS series, but this one is fun for the Wii.
Nascar Kart Racing is the best Mario Kart clone ever IMO due to it's 'teamwork' gameplay twist.

Then of course Mario Kart Wii and Excite Truck as you mentioned. Excite Bots is just weird IMO, I couldn't even stand finishing 1 entire race before I threw it out. Oh and Speed Racer is an interesting game, kind of a 'F-Zero' feeling to it. Also Excite Bike World Rally is just classic retro NES style gameplay.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget Ferrari Challange, a better sim take than F1 2009, I have both and am a big F1 so that is saying a lot.

GhostHawk666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the Need for Speed games are fun, except for NFS Nitro. It has that crappy "follow the car" view only. No cockpit or hood views. Plus the other NFS titles support the GameCube compatible steering wheels which give you analog controls for the gas and brake. Driving anything with a Wiimote is a joke. Would you want to run a race with only a button for gas and a button for a brake "switch". I doubt it.

If you are really into racing, you need to get a powerful PC and awesome steering wheel/pedals. That is the best way to go without a doubt. All others consoles with racing games are just "wanna-be's"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."