Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
review.gif
R6 Gold Review
Official GBAtemp Review by JPH

I'm proud to announce that I've completed and posted my Neoflash R6 Gold review.

Is the R6 Gold another poor Neoflash product? We know it has a built-in motion sensor, but how does the R6 Gold perform?
Read the review...who knows, what if the R6 Gold turns out to be an impressive flashcart?

We'd like to thank IC2005 for providing the review sample.

Please note: If you have any suggestions for the review, found an error, left information out, or have a question - please PM me and let me know about it so that I can fix it.

Enjoy the read!

icon11.gif
Read the Official GBAtemp R6 Gold Review
icon11.gif
Neoflash Website
discuss.png
Discuss

Buy this flashcart at IC2005

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im surprised you didnt say more about its rom compatibility - it seems pretty darn bad - not loading EBA? and that would have been a good place to mention how slow this thing is!

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
seems like this has the same problem as a lot of neoflash stuff - they have some really good ideas but when it actually comes to building a decent product around them, theyre not so hot.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"The R6 Gold originally did not have commercial ROM support and until it was added a while after, so the results above are surprising.
As you can see, the R6 has almost perfect, if not perfect, ROM compatibility."

Yet, a few of the games failed to load.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I admit that getting commercial ROMs to run on a device designed only for homebrew is quite an accomplishment, I don't think it's justifiable to claim that a device which won't run two fairly high profile games has even decent compatibility.

Folks, you're better off with whatever you can get for $10 at DealExtreme. Even the crappiest R4 clone will play EBA.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
PharaohsVizier said:
Why was the original post deleted? Or did I forsee the future yesterday or something? XD
Most likely because the review had some changes that needed to be made.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its down to bronze now

It was silver when I read it yesterday

the bad rom compatibility, price, and lack of updates I guess did that

anyway nice review

RexNebular

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Nintendo has never released a Nintendo DS game that requires a motion function; however there are quite a few homebrew games that do require motion function."

Actually Nintendo/Activision released Tony Hawk's Motion. It includes a slot-2 motion device. All the reviews say it is a horrible game, so I doubt anyone has bothered to make a 3rd party hack/motion device that is compatible with it.

nBrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I received this card about a half year ago from the neoflash team but i found the software way to slow to be usefull. Everything took ages to load up and ProteinScratch even crashed when i tried to load the second sample. I ran the speedtest program for libfat (which works with dldi) and found out that the R6 Gold was 7(!) times slower than any other card i got (including ttds, r4, cyclo evo, ez flash v). I stopped my review and told dr neo about it. He would fix me up with new firmware within days he promised, but it never happened yet.

btw, i also received a r6 xtreme 64g from neoflash but that broke down the second time i tried to use it
frown.gif
common problem dr neo assured me
blink.gif
wacko.gif

I am surprised how the reviewer could find some positives for this card since its rubbish with the current software. O wait, Mario Kart DS with motion sensor, thats cool but not worth the 50$.a

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass