Hacking R4i unknown firmware and kernel

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody.
Following the guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/ to forward the nds as a cia my R4i ended bricked. Later I found that YsMenu is not compatible with my R4i clone and after the white screen appeared the R4i rarely show on the Home menu. I have tested the Stage2 loaders but no success.
I use a9lh + luma 6.1.2 with emunand and I want to know what firmware and kernel should I use with YSMenu. Yes, YSMENU :rofl:

Tomorrow I'll un-brick my R4 with another borrow flashcard but I really want to use YSMenu to forward but I'll not have more opportunities later to unbrick again if this time I brick again the R4i.

This is the photo of my bricked flashcard.

Any help?
Thanks
r4.jpg

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again.
I have tried to first make again to work but I am not able to do it.
I'm using a DS Lite to unbrick my r4 and the firmware fwUpdateAll_V7.00.nds. First with the good R4 I open the nds. and when it load, I swap the card, put mine and press A
...but the screen just freeze.
Only it reads is:
Upgrade firmware...........
Erasing device
and nothing more.

I've tried the same with a DSi and it show success but after rebooting, nothing show so I think that I can't use the 3ds/dsi to install the firmware swaping and with the DS Lite it just freeze.
Any solution?

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
OP
Trophies
XP