R4i-SDHC 3DS

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Bukatao, Jun 20, 2011.

Jun 20, 2011

R4i-SDHC 3DS by Bukatao at 9:01 AM (2,215 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Bukatao
    OP

Newcomer Bukatao Newbie

United States
    Hello everyone, I recently purchased an r4i-sdhc 3ds. Foolishly I didn't see that it was a chinese cart. I had to use the firmware provided on the HK version of the r4i site. This cartridge appears to not be updated to work with 1.4.2u and I can't find any way to upgrade it myself. My friend who has a US r4i recently upgraded his cart from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 using the firmware upgrade provided on the .com version of the main site. I'm using firmware version 3.0b and i've also tried 1.0a provided on the chinese version of the r4i website. This firmware works on my old ds lite but not on my dsi xl. So my question is this, Can I upgrade my chinese r4i 3ds to work with my american 1.4.2 dsi xl? and if so how do I go about doing so?

Again here are the specifics.

It's a chinese r4i 3ds.
    I'm using firmware version 3.0b and i've also tried version 1.0a.
    It works with my dslite but not my dsi xl 1.4.2u.
    Using the US firmware doesn't work as it gives me the "Menu?" error.

website is www.r4i-sdhc.hk

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I'm not sure which r4i SDHC 3DS you are referring to. I really don't know any r4i SDHC 3DS which uses the firmware '3.0b' or '1.0a'

Giving us the website that you obtained those files will help us identify which flashcart you have. [​IMG]

3. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    If there is a 1.4.2 update on the site you can update it. If there isn't you can't. Just use it on your DSLite or buy a better card like Acekard 2i, or SuperCard DSTWO.

4. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    First you cannot use the firmware update from www.r4i-sdhc.com as this is a different card manufacturer. As your card is the www.r4i-sdhc.hk 3DS version then the Kernel you should be using is the 3.0b. Now as there is no actual file then I assume that the firmware update must be in the kernel download.

www.r4i-sdhc.com and www.r4i-sdhc.hk are both Chinese manufactured cards. Just because a website has .com at the end does not make it a US site.

You can only use kernels from the site on the front of your card unless you use something like RetroGameFans multi card update.

As has been said before you've bought a clone of a clone of a clone and would have been better off buying an AceKard which is only a little more than the card you bought.

EDIT: I've downloaded the latest kernel for your card 3.0 and there are no signs of an update file in there so you are going to have to wait until something downloadable is released on the www.r4i-sdhc.hk website. Other than that is try emailing the company and see what they say.

5. Woodhouse

Newcomer Woodhouse Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    pls check their official site and see whehter they have released the update patch to update your R4i SDHC from .hk site......

6. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    Code:
    fixed 5584 - Pokemon Volt White (E)
    fixed 5585 - Pokemon Blaze Black (E)
    from there site

LOL they fixed a mod version

7. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    If *any* flashcart can run 3DS gaes then it would, but that's not what we're talking about here isn't it.