Hacking R4i RTS usrcheat.dat issue...

dgbbad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a R4i RTS and everything works fine except for my cheats. i downloaded the latest cheat.dat and put in my _system_ folder but none of the 20 or so games (old and new) that i have on my card have the cheat option available when i highlight them. ive tried leaving it named cheat.dat and renaming it usrcheat.dat but still the same thing. ive had 2 other cards in the past that worked the same way and never had any problems....and from what ive read this one should function no differently. any assistance would be greatly appreciated as im trying to get Phantasy Star Zero playing and from my understanding there is a cheat that allows the game to not white screen after loading it up a second time.

im using the latest firmware i can find. the official site is down so i got it from http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
you don't need to RENAME them...

try download usrcheat.dat for cheats.gbatemp.net
the latest official DB might not contain codes the latest games
smile.gif

so test it with some old games

dgbbad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats where the cheat.dat i have came from. and i just got it today. also i tried it being named as it was (cheat.dat) and it didnt work so i renamed it usrcheat.dat to try that out as well...which didnt work. i also checked the gamelist.txt that came with it and i have several of the games which are listed on my card and none of them are showing the cheats option.

dgbbad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are awesome. i didnt know there was a difference between the cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat besides the file name. ive always just downloaded the cheat.dat on my other cards and it worked fine. but i did as you said and downloaded the All.zip and which had a usrcheat.dat in it and it worked just fine. much thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: