R4i RTS Platinum

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Goldenboy666, Jun 18, 2011.

Jun 18, 2011

R4i RTS Platinum by Goldenboy666 at 8:06 PM (1,418 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Goldenboy666
    OP

Newcomer Goldenboy666 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hey,

I just received an R4i RTS Platinum that, simply, just refuses to work point blank.

Pretty sure it's a clone, although I can't say for certain what of.

The firmware offered on the manufacturer's site (r4ipt.com) is at best outdated, and at worst just utterly incompatible.

Looking for advice on how to run this on a 3DS? No matter what vaguely-compatible firmware I put on, there doesn't seem to be any effect; the menu just shows me a logo for "Alex Rider: Stormbreaker" for some reason.

Cheers guys - really appreciate any help.

2. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    Have you been to www.r4ipt.com?

You need to download the system update and patch your card on a DS/DSl/DSi first before you get it to work on a 3DS.

3. Stropdasje

Member Stropdasje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    That's the game that the company chose so that the DS thinks it's a legit ds game and doesn't reject it. as R4 isn't nintendo certified, the DS wouldn't run it otherwise. Question is, what happens if you start the game.

4. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    This DS Flashcard is a clone of a clone. R4 is OUTDATED. I recommend you to order another flashcard if you could afford that. Also you need an old Nintendo DS to update your flashcard I should have read your text with more attention.

Good cards are:

-AceKard 2i, about €12. This card is the best. Many people here can help you here to set it up.

-Supercard DSTWO, about €30($35) Less cheap then AceKard BUT it plays GameBoy Advance games without a second SLOT-2 flashcard(GBA flashcard likes)

-Cyclo iEvolution, about €40 I believe. The card that can play games in DSi mode so they can use special things like Camera etc.(games need to support.)

I hope this helps you mate! [​IMG]

Watch out and NEVER buy clones you should ask here for retailers for your flashcard.

5. Goldenboy666
    OP

Newcomer Goldenboy666 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the advice - the card came on the advice of a friend; looks like I might need to yell at him a bit now =P

Any recommendations for UK sellers, particularly for the AceKard 2i? (I know you're in the Netherlands, but I'm guessing there are UK dealers here somewhere?)