OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jenkins.webatu.com
XP
Country
United States
So due to a lapse in judgement on my part, I ended up updating my 3ds to the newest available firmware (5.1.0-11U at the time), and my R4i 3ds Gold (rev C) isn't booting. I've been reading that I should be able to patch my card to work with the newest firmware, but the latest patch I'm finding on the official site for my card is labeled "3DS V4.5.0-10". It's the second download down the list here; http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm

My question is, is that just the last card-blocking update nintendo released (the 4.5.0-10 one)? Or is there maybe a more recent patch for my card I'm just not seeing there? Any insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
the newest firmware is 6.0.0-11/6.0.0-12 (depending on region)

the 4.5.0-10 patch they released was working up to 5.1.0-11
but if you updated to the most recent you are on 6.0.0 which only the DSTwo team have released a patch for

Reactions: MaslowK

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I probably should have worded it better; I actually updated my 3ds a few days ago, just before they released the 6.x update, and I'm definitely on 5.1.0-11.

Thanks for the info on the patch :)

ah ok

well you can run the 4.5.0 patch on your card (as long as its a RevC card that isnt metroid (metroid had a bug))

then you will be able to use the card on 5.1.0
then in a few days when the 6.0.0 patch is released you can apply that and then update the console and use the lastest firmware on the 3DS

Reactions: MaslowK

MaslowK

wat
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jenkins.webatu.com
XP
Country
United States
Finally got my hands on a non-updated DS to update my flashcart with, aside from a bit of confusion (two different updates in the archive, wat) everything went swimmingly and its back up and running on mine :) thanks again to Pong20302000, you're awesome :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head