R4i Gold 3DS Problem

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by dbzeenx, Jun 22, 2013.

1. dbzeenx
    OP

dbzeenx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2013
    Netherlands Antilles
    Hello people, I am having a problem with my R4i Gold for 3DS which is sold in www.R4i-gold.eu

My 3DS XL is in version 5.1.0-11E and when I insert the flashcart it says "An error has occured" and says that I should press the reset button to restart the 3DS. I know this is a firmware problem, but in the site of r4i gold 3ds there isn't a firmware update option for my version, only the two flashcarts sold that are a better version of mine which is 4.5 and the DS version. Can anyone tell me if this flashcart is compatible with another R4's for 3DS? Like changing its data to another R4 data and running it.

Thanks,

Julian.

2. Cartmanuk

Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2010
    Sorry to say your card is no longer supported by that or any team.

You card will still work with Dsi and Ds

3. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
  4. dbzeenx
    OP

dbzeenx Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2013
    Netherlands Antilles

My R4i Gold 3DS isn't from that site.

5. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    It's the same card though. I don't see why it should matter, just because you bought it at a different site. I'm new to all this, but since it's the same model as mine, it seems like you'd just have to update the firmware.

You should probably wait for someone more experienced than myself (I'm not discrediting cartmanuk here) to offer an explanation though, because I might be wrong. I don't know why though.

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    No, they have a clone from a different team. It's not the purchase site, that's the home page for the model, they have an unsupported clone, not the same thing you got.