Hacking R4i factory flash

rouski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I upgraded my R4i 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 and working great, my son open the file pa lib and start upgrading and then trun it off and now the ds doesn't see the card . is there away to factory flash the card and start over or the card no good??????

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I understood the OP correctly:
1) the card was updated to 1.4.2 and worked
2) your son started the update again and switched the DS off before it completed
Is that correct?

In that case the old firmware was (partially) erased or the new firmware is partially installed. Either way, the card will not function anymore. To bring it back to life the update has to be applied again and completed. Since your R4i isn't working anymore you need to borrow another one. The trick is, start the update on an other R4, then when it is about to perform the actual update, swap the R4 for your own not functioning R4i. That way the firmware is installed and complete again, after that the R4i should be working again.

Do not forget to remove the update nds from the SD card once it is finished to prevent this from happening again...

rouski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks Stropdasje that's is exactly what he did. I try what you said it starts to upgrade it get to 11% stop then an error 38 or error 3b come up above the progress 11% so i clean the sd card & try again & same thing error 38 or 3b progress 11%.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again