Hacking R4i Deluxe Help

MrOBrien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright guys, so i've been reading around the threads and need some yes no answers.

I bought a ds last night with firmware 6.1 I know I know i cannot use the R4i Deluxe on this one (this one will be for playing games that require 8.1+)

So essentially I did some browsing and found a 4.4 and also has a R4i Deluxe.

I'm seeing people say that the R4i Deluxe has bricked devices so my questions are.

1. Will the R4i brick my system?

2. If i do the hardware mod for the NAND dumping will i be able to unbrick my device if i back up my 4.4 NAND?

3. I'm only really interested in playing Snes/nes (megaman) and Gb/Gba (pokemon and metroid) i'm not so much interested in running 3ds games but would like to have the option so, Since the R4i Deluxe comes with the console and i've ordered and R4i Gold what do you all think would be the best option I see alot of mention about the Supercart DSTWO for running GBA and SNES roms.

I've read around but it seems alot of what I've been finding is beating around the bush.

Thanks,
OBrien.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
1. Only if you use their 3.x firmware. It contains the virus Gateway put into their firmware to sabotage clone users. Use the latest 4.x firmware and you'll be fine.

2. If it ever gets bricked, it should be possible to revert your firmware with the mod you're talking about. I recall it requiring a bit of extra hardware for the Gateway-triggered bricks, though.

3. Supercard is the best for emulation on the 3DS right now. There are a few Homebrew applications created for 3DS mode, but they're a bit new and buggy. You could get some non-Supercard emulators for the R4 Gold, but the compatibility will probably be pretty low.

Reactions: MrOBrien

MrOBrien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Only if you use their 3.x firmware. It contains the virus Gateway put into their firmware to sabotage clone users. Use the latest 4.x firmware and you'll be fine.

2. If it ever gets bricked, it should be possible to revert your firmware with the mod you're talking about. I recall it requiring a bit of extra hardware for the Gateway-triggered bricks, though.

3. Supercard is the best for emulation on the 3DS right now. There are a few Homebrew applications created for 3DS mode, but they're a bit new and buggy. You could get some non-Supercard emulators for the R4 Gold, but the compatibility will probably be pretty low.

Awesome, I'm reading up on doing the Nand mod so I can do some back ups before I even put a flashcart in the 4.4 ds. Seems pretty simple i've got a ton of 4 pin connectors from when I use to build quadcopters. I'm thinking about selling the R4i deluxe on ebay and maybe coughing up the extra 40 for the gateway. But will probably buy the dstwo as my primary emulator cart.

Thanks for the help.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, I'm reading up on doing the Nand mod so I can do some back ups before I even put a flashcart in the 4.4 ds. Seems pretty simple i've got a ton of 4 pin connectors from when I use to build quadcopters. I'm thinking about selling the R4i deluxe on ebay and maybe coughing up the extra 40 for the gateway. But will probably buy the dstwo as my primary emulator cart.

Thanks for the help.

No problem, have fun ripping 'er open. :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1