R4i and DSlite troubles

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Fyrus, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Fyrus
    OP

Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

Jul 6, 2010
    France
    Marseille - France
    Okay, so I got asked if I could update two R4 from r4i-sdhc.com, since they apparently didn't work on newer 3DS firmwares.

[​IMG][​IMG]

So far, I see they're at the latest version, okay, no problem, so I decide to try them on a DS Lite.

The first seems to work, able to access the games on it and everything else, but doesn't work on a 3DS (error screen)

The second, however, apparently screwed my DS Lite. When I try to plug it, the orange light stays on for a second, then completely disappears. Impossible to turn the DS lite on either after that. It also makes a 3DS completely crash, but doesn't prevent it from turning on after that, so I suspect it has something to do with a fuse being burned on the DS

Is my suspicion correct ? If not, is there anything I can do to recover my DS Lite by myself ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

2. Fyrus
    OP

Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

Jul 6, 2010
    France
    Marseille - France
    Bump, if someone can help, I would be really grateful.

3. Sora de Eclaune

Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

Feb 15, 2011
    United States
    123 Fake Street
    You may have to open up your DS and do some fuse repairing. However, since I have no idea how to do this myself, I'm not much help.

However, I have found this thread on DCemu that might help you.

4. Fyrus
    OP

Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

Jul 6, 2010
    France
    Marseille - France
    Yes, that sounds a lot like the problem I have ! I'll try to see if I can get everything and fix them (good thing I work in electricity, I can have some spare material).

Thanks a lot !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice