R4i 3DS card Read-only problems

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CalebW, Sep 13, 2013.

1. CalebW
    OP

CalebW Fellow Temper

Jun 29, 2012
    United States
    New Mexico
    I have the R4i-3DS card from r4i-sdhc.com (not the 4.5 or RTS version, just the regular version). I've had it for a little while and I've had this problem off and on and now it's back and I can't figure out how to fix it. I put the card in my 3ds and turn it off, take the sd card and put it in my computer, and there's a ton of weird read-only files on my card, but I can't delete them because they make the entire SD card read-only. The only way to get rid of them is to format the card and put all of my files back on it again (which takes a long time).

So why are these files being created and how can I stop this?

Here's some of the file names:
    gggggggg.ggg
    lkjijkkl.m??
    jn?.o??
    jjjk??kh.hhm
    iihhhggg.ggg
    .ikn
    σ??.kmn

And the list goes on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Use a different card reader, preferably not a cheap Chinese import/flash-cart shop one.

3. CalebW
    OP

CalebW Fellow Temper

Jun 29, 2012
    United States
    New Mexico
    I just tried again and a file called: ?.HP had the following data:

n aria. (b) In harmonized chorals, psalmody, part songs, etc., the part which bears the tune or melody -- in modern harmony usually the upper part -- is sometimes called the air.
    [1913 Webster]

11. The peculiar look, appearance, and bearing of a person; mien; demeanor; as, the air of a youth; a heavy air; a lofty air. "His very air." Shak.
    [1913 Webster]

12. Peculiar appearance; apparent character; semblance; manner; style.
    [1913 Webster]

It was communicated with the air of a secret. Pope.
    [1913 Webster]

12. pl. An artificial or affected manner; show of pride or vanity; haughtiness; as, it is said of a person, he puts on airs. Thackeray.
    [1913 Webster]

14. (Paint.) (a) The representation or reproduction of the effect of the atmospheric medium through which every object in nature is viewed. New Am. Cyc. (b) Carriage; attitude; action; movement; as, the head of that portrait has a good air. Fairholt.
    [1913 Webster]

15. (Man.) The artificial motion or carriage of a h

Where did this data come from? All I did was put in the card and turn it off, there was nothing on the card except the files that's absolutely necessary to run.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice