Hacking R4DS Wont work help please

pigsbladders

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had a few DS Lites over the years and a few R4DS and TTDS cards, and I've never had a problem that I couldn't fix myself but this really confusing me.

Bought a secondhand DS Lite of a mate, works fine playing any original game I've tried and so far no problems.

Put my own R4DS cartridge in, which I know works as I'm just about to finish Final Fantasy, I switch it on and it goes to the loading screen and then switches off.

Tried my TTDS card again which I know works and same thing happened.

I've tried various combinations and with new firmware for various cards, but it always switches off at the same point

Also if I switch on DS without the cartridge in and then put in when it's on main screen it again switches off.

Help me

pigsbladders

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did have a look at the pins already and to be honest they look ok, but i'll make sure it could only be bent a little bit i suppose

pigsbladders

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All the pins look fine, none are bent that I can see, but i do have an idea to see if any pins are slightly out of place, will let you if it helps

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pigsbladders said:
The Paper trick, please ellaborate on what exactly is the paper trick

Search gbatemp.net or Google for instructions. It's a procedure to put a thin layer of paper under the PCB where the contacts are, raising the contact points a tiny little bit.

It seems that the contacts of flashcards are just a tiny bit lower than commercial cartridges, just out of reach for the DS. The paper trick solves this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay